Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Any method boat fishery
« on: 16/07/2010 at 12:31 »

I know this is not a purely fly-fishing query but does anyone know of any waters locally which allow fishing from boats using any method?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Robbie

Simon Bruce

Re: Any method boat fishery
« Reply #1 on: 17/07/2010 at 04:00 »
Hi there

strachan has a bait pond but no boats can be ok to fish bubble float etc.

raemoir also has a bait pond but rather small.

simon

darren78

« Reply #2 on: 17/07/2010 at 06:09 »
Hi Robbie

I am not sure how locally you are looking for but i would suggest aboyne loch which allows bait, spinning and fly fishing boat or bank and has an excellent mixture of fish inhabiting the loch. The resident species include bream, carp, ide, perch, pike, roach and tench. Here is the link http://www.fishpal.com/Scotland/Dee/CoarseFishing.asp

« Reply #3 on: 17/07/2010 at 07:50 »
Thanks for the info gents, Aboyne Loch looks like it fits the bill perfectly.

Planning to take my nephew, who does not fly fish (yet).  So far we have been hiring kit when visiting Reamoir, so Aboyne may have to wait until he has acquired his own gear.

He has expressed an interest in fishing from a boat, hence my question.  The other option was sea fishing out of Stonehaven.

Thanks again,

Robbie

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 18/07/2010 at 01:33 »
If you do go to aboyne please note that all fish are to be returned to the water.
Thanks

« Reply #5 on: 18/07/2010 at 12:29 »
Rob,

Out of interest is that a rule for the loch or just an approach you think people should take.  I ask as I have looked online for details of the loch and nowhere does it mention that the loch is catch and release only.

Is Aboyne loch regularly stocked or are the fish populations now self sustaining?

Robbie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com