Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Todays flyfisher
« on: 19/01/2007 at 21:50 »
I bought a copy of this today (todays flyfisher) to read.
First one for a long time. Not bad either.

However i would like to say , nice letter Kevin.
I thought it was very good and perhaps might make a few people think about life on the other side of the hut counter.

:z16

What a fish on page 79, Dave Downies new Lake of Mentieth record, now thats what a big "bow should look like. Fish like that should also be the fish of a lifetime, perhaps if it is too common then the actual achievement is devalued. :z8

Sandy

Kevin Moss

Todays flyfisher
« Reply #1 on: 19/01/2007 at 22:10 »
Thankyou for that,i hope it does help alot of anglers understand that having a fishery is not always a bed of roses and the reasons why we do it are not all money orientated.
I also totally agree with what you say on Daves big fish.everything in fishing these days seems to revolve around big fish(yes, i am guilty aswell printing this in my reports0 Along with sizes of fish and numbers but anglers do like to see their names which is fine by me and well done to them.But is there a change in "Scot Trout" coming I wonder?

Mike Barrio

Todays flyfisher
« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2007 at 00:16 »
Yes, I enjoyed it too, well done Kevin.

Daver's fish was a real cracker ........ what a beautiful rainbow for Menteith to have as their record  :!:

It was nice to see Mike Cordiner's pages at Loch Insch in the January edition too  :cool:

"Grumpy Old Man" ( Steve Parton ) had another good piece about the lack of water problems in his back pages regular column as well .......... I do love Steve's Rants  :z4

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com