Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wullie42

haddo trout fishery
« on: 14/09/2006 at 22:56 »
hiya
can anyone tell me if the haddo fishery allows bank fishing or is it all boat fishing as i am not very keen on boat fishing. if not are there any other local fisheries that allow bank fishing. :lol:

PDScott

Bank fishing
« Reply #1 on: 15/09/2006 at 07:55 »
Hi Wullie42
Haddo is boat or tube fishing only but I would suggest giving it a try from a boat. The water is relatively shallow and you are able to anchor and fish from a stationary position - the bonus being you are very unlikely to end up hooking a tree etc. If you want to try bank fishing, can I suggest Waulkmill beside New Deer - I fish there regularly and find it a very relaxed atmosphere. George, the owner, has tried to create a natural environment unlike some of the more " manicured " fisheries. If you check on Mike's main web site you will find many more fisheries with prices etc.
Tight lines
Peter

rooster

haddo trout fishery
« Reply #2 on: 15/09/2006 at 13:03 »
Hey Wullie 42,

I had the same reservations as you about fishing from a boat (I'm quite new to fishing) until last week, then I decided to give it a try last Friday, and I was really glad I did.

It adds a whole new dimension and I find it even more relaxing, hell you can sit down almost the whole time!! :grin:

I live in Kemnay and fish most of the time at Mossat fishery (bank only) I've also fished at Artloch (bank only), Insch ( bank only) and Midmar (bank only), but do give the boat fishing a go I'm sure you'll like it.

Tight lines,
Dave

Dave Olley

haddo trout fishery
« Reply #3 on: 15/09/2006 at 17:47 »
Hey Wullie, why not go to Haddo and try float tubing.
You may never want to fish from the bank again  :grin:  :grin:

bank fishing
« Reply #4 on: 15/09/2006 at 20:29 »
Hi wullie42
We allow bank fishing at Pitfour Fishery near mintlaw aswell as boat and float tubing,

as rooster says about boat fishing-

It adds a whole new dimension and I find it even more relaxing, hell you can sit down almost the whole time!!

i have to agree with him on that

Also as peter says the main fishing the fly website has a good description of most of the fisheries in the area and the type of fishing that can be done its well worth a look

andrew

Mike Barrio

haddo trout fishery
« Reply #5 on: 16/09/2006 at 01:04 »
Hi "wullie42"

Haddo is boat fishing and float tubing only  :wink:

Give the boats a try sometime ........ I'm sure you'll enjoy it and I'm always on hand to help if required. The boats are very stable, so you can think of them as "portable casting platforms if you like  :!:

Have a look round my main website at http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk when you have time, you'll find plenty of local fisheries to explore.

Best wishes
Mike
 :cool:

wullie42

hiya all
« Reply #6 on: 17/09/2006 at 22:36 »
thanks for all of your replies may give the boat a go next season once i get me new fly rod built  :z4

Rob Brownfield

haddo trout fishery
« Reply #7 on: 19/09/2006 at 08:24 »
If you wait until Mike has his feet up and is having an afternoon snooze you can get a bivvy up and 3 rods out for the carp...

:lol:

As people have said before, get out in a boat, wonderful fun :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com