Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

kiwitrout

Hi There From Invercargill
« on: 02/07/2010 at 08:39 »
Hi guys, my name is Alan once a Brit now an adopted Kiwi living in Invercargill NZ. A coarse fisher as a boy in England, now a trout and salmon fisher in NZ. In February 2009 I met  two Scottish  guys on NZ’s west coast,  brilliant skilled  trout fly  fishers they were. They helped me a lot and showed me some great places on the local spring creeks.  They said they run a  web site in Scotland, but I lost the address. I’m sure they were from your neck of the woods.  I found this site by google on Aberdeenshire and fly fishing. Don’t know  if I have the right place, but hello anyway and if not would you have nay ideas about which site it could  be?

Cheers

Alan

Noel Kelly

Re: Hi There From Invercargill
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/2010 at 08:58 »
Hi Alan and welcome to the forum. This must be the right place and if not its certainly the best place. Do you know these Scottish guys names?
The only ones I know of that have been out there recently cant be the guys you mean as one of them certainly wouldn't help anybody and openly admits that he cant catch trout in his local river :z4
 :z18
Noel.

kiwitrout

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/2010 at 09:07 »
Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply mate. I don’t know a lot about the internet but I do know  its not good etiquette to use  names without there say so. I guess this must be the right place then from what you say. If any of you guys were in a place called harihari on NZ’s west coast in February 2009 could  you post and let me know. I’m coming over to the UK next year and would love to meet up with you guys again. 

Cheers

Alan

kiwitrout

« Reply #3 on: 02/07/2010 at 09:45 »
Forgot to say I was the bloke catching the kahwai in the sea if that helps you remember me!

cheers

Alan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/07/2010 at 11:36 »
Dear "Alan"

Although your email address has been set up on an NZ host, strangely enough your internet service provider does not appear to be from that side of the world :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

« Reply #5 on: 02/07/2010 at 11:51 »
Dear "Alan"

Although your email address has been set up on an NZ host, strangely enough your internet service provider does not appear to be from that side of the world :wink

Best wishes
Mike

I see you are having to spend another busy day weeding again Mike,  :mad must a be Perenial weed!!! :z4 :z4 :wink :z4 :z4

Chiz

« Reply #6 on: 02/07/2010 at 11:52 »
What's the point in all this... ??? ???

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 02/07/2010 at 12:16 »
What's the point in all this... ??? ???

Now, that's a good question :z16

sandy

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 02/07/2010 at 13:57 »
Hi Alan,

It was me and my mate Stavros that you met.
I must apologise for Stavros' short temper, he's been unwell & I did tell you not to touch his favourite hat.
I hope the A&E were sympathetic when retreiving your priest.

pm me your address and I'll post back your underpants.

See you next year

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 02/07/2010 at 14:24 »
I used to catch kahawai in New Zealand, which is possibly why I know how to spell it.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #10 on: 02/07/2010 at 19:26 »
Hi Alan,

It was me and my mate Stavros that you met.
I must apologise for Stavros' short temper, he's been unwell & I did tell you not to touch his favourite hat.
I hope the A&E were sympathetic when retreiving your priest.

pm me your address and I'll post back your underpants.

See you next year

Iain

That Stavros is a bugger, lucky if it was only the priest...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com