Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

Wanted...system 2 10/11 fly reel......
« on: 29/06/2010 at 14:21 »
Any of you guys have one of these lying around that you would be willing to part with? Or maybe a Magnum 200d?

Cheers
Paul

Iain Goolager

Re: Wanted...system 2 10/11 fly reel......
« Reply #1 on: 29/06/2010 at 15:15 »
Hi Paul,

I have a Magnum 200D, which if memory serves me well, is in ace nic c/w spare spool & some full length floating line which I bought a while ago. I kept it as a back up but haven't needed it.

I'm open to offers & am prepared to let you have it on trial - nil problemeth.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2010 at 21:12 »
Hi Paul,

If you find a reel I may have a spare spool or two lying around.  You are woelcome to them if you get a reel, they are surplus to requirements thse days.

CHeers

Ben

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2010 at 22:39 »
Hi Ben. Thanks very much. I also put a wanted post on the salmon forum and a guy has one. We are in negotiations! lol

I am buying the reel to go with a 14'9" guideline AWM i just aquired. The plan is to try out shooting heads with this setup. I have never fished with shooting heads before tho. Do you recommend any to get or avoid? The guys on the salmon forum pointed me in the following direction......

I think i am going to go for a Rio AFS hover and buy the versi leaders to put on the end?? I was between that or the snowbee shooting heads?

Also, what about running lines? Any recommendations?

Cheers
Paul

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 29/06/2010 at 22:55 »
Hi Paul,

Will drop you a PM

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #5 on: 29/06/2010 at 23:20 »
Meant to send all those questions as a PM haha.  :z7

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com