Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

speyghillie

Fly fishing in British Columbia
« on: 18/01/2007 at 21:20 »
Hi Guys,
Just planning a trip fishing the lakes and rivers of British Columbia, i have been over fishing lots of times in the last three years, and away again in March.
If anyone fancies a trip around August/September, let me know as i am going organize a  couple of trips up, for that time of year.
I have worked at Rothiemurchus Trout fishery for the last 20yrs, so i figure i know what kind of fly fishing i am looking for in BC, and having been there so many times i know the area well.
There are lots of beautiful lakes and rivers in the Okanagan, trout fishing heaven,
Anyway if anybody like the sound of it, please let me know and i will give you all the details.
Thanks Gordon.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: 19/01/2007 at 21:55 »
I wish :cry:

maybe one day :z6  

Nah! Definatley one day :grin:

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/01/2007 at 23:52 »
Hi Gordon

Thanks for posting this  :cool:

Oh yes, I do "like the sound of it", but no way I could come along I'm afraid  :cry:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

speyghillie

« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2007 at 12:20 »
No worries guys,
Maybe one day, i am off to fish the Rocky mountain Rivers later this year, its not so hard and i aint a millionaire, direct flights from Glasgow to Calgary for around £350.00 return.
I am lucky that i know some great fishing guys over , o but before that i'm away over in March, Steelhead fishing up northern BC.
Someone has to do it.  :grin:
Gordon.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com