Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Fancy a guarenteed 20 pound salmon?
« on: 24/05/2010 at 23:52 »
Or even a 30? Well it will cost you £120 a day and you will gave the joy of fishing in a spectacular looking 1 acre pond!

Palm Spring fishery in Rutland is back in the news. It's just produced a 24, a 29 and a 34 pound salmon last week.

I have to say that the fish do appear to be in pretty good condition.

Any views? Is this the future of sustainable salmon fishing? Does it open salmon fishing to a wider audience such as disabled anglers or people that don't want to come to Scotland due to distance/cost.

Www.palmspringssalmon.co.uk

Barry Robertson

Re: Fancy a guarenteed 20 pound salmon?
« Reply #1 on: 25/05/2010 at 00:09 »
It looks like a puddle in a farmers field lucky to be 5 acres  :z4
Hardly fishing never mind salmon fishing, its a whole in the ground where people with alot of cash can go and pretend to catch salmon in , simples  :z4
I wouldnt be in a hurry to fish there even if it was £3o for a day ticket!

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 25/05/2010 at 08:39 »
£120 a day! As Baz says, even at £30 a day, no thanks, its not salmon fishing as we know it.

The Don roving ticket at £180 for the whole season is a much better buy.

Irvine

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 25/05/2010 at 08:52 »
It looks like a puddle in a farmers field lucky to be 5 acres  :z4

Its an acre in size according to Anglers Mail.

Matt Henderson

« Reply #4 on: 25/05/2010 at 10:47 »
It's not something I would go for. But to be honest it sounds a bit like fishing any other stocked pond. I'm also not sure how you would go after these fish, rainbow lures? Cascades? I'm sure it would be good sport but I wouldn't be telling everybody about my twenty pounder from a stock pond. Salmon to me should be caught in a river, I'll let you know when I manage to get one!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 25/05/2010 at 11:40 »
The 34 came out on a Cats Whisker. A minimum of 15lb tippet is required.

« Reply #6 on: 27/05/2010 at 11:59 »
I was taken down on a corp day out and there was at least 20-30 people fishing. It is not that easy to catch them i spent the whole day trying everything and finally managed a 16lb (Good looking fish) plenty of fight but there was something not right fishing for a Salmon in a pond - still water - fishing lures know what I mean. But the guy was right i does open up Salmon fishing to the masses........

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 27/05/2010 at 13:18 »
The 34 came out on a Cats Whisker. A minimum of 15lb tippet is required.

Cool, I'll tie some for m,y next day on the Dee  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com