Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Back in the home country
« on: 15/05/2010 at 22:28 »
Had a few days back home in Co Clare this week and of course the travel rod came with me. In fact waders were not dry for the 3 days I was there.
I met up with one of the lads the first evening I was back and he gave me the keys and oars of his boat to use for the few days.
Wind, waves and a drifting Lough boat, my first love :z4 Man I love fishing that way :grin
Its a tough lough and they say locally that you will never have half a dozen fish in a 2/3hr session and we didnt disprove that, but we came dam close!!
Lovely hard fighting brownies and lots of fun on a 3weight mostly around 3/4lb best being 11/4 which is the biggest we have ever seen out of there. 2 distinctive types, the conventional brownie and these silver beauty's

Mike Barrio

Re: Back in the home country
« Reply #1 on: 16/05/2010 at 00:05 »
That's one beautiful trout Noel :z16

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 16/05/2010 at 19:08 »
Bonnie trout Noel , looks like a finnock  :z16

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 16/05/2010 at 22:56 »
Wind, waves and a drifting Lough boat, my first love :z4 Man I love fishing that way :grin

I know exactly what you mean  :cool:

:z3

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 17/05/2010 at 01:46 »
Thats one bonny wee troot, Noel :z18

Reminds me of the leven broonies, only ever managed to catch 2 of those :z6 but they were very similar
And went like stink :grin

I could just go a nice drift on a boat too, wrapped up against the cold instead of hiding from the heat (it can get a touch wearing after a while :z10) Never mind i will be in home country soon too, to do some proper fishing :z18

Hopefully will see a few of you there.

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com