Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

dseabass

lagg trout fishery
« on: 12/05/2010 at 14:32 »
hi guys just wondered if anybody had tried this place   --heading up there next weekend --main foray was wild broonies in crocach or any of the thousand other lochs ---might  give the mackerel and pollock a go from the shore too if there are any about  -----but while browsing about on the web  found this fishery    --so if the weather is pish or am too hungover for a big walk a might give it a go  ----masel and five mates managed to get a caravan at achmelvich for the weekend
1273757446/**http://www.laggtroutfishery.co.uk/page2.html          ps the old boy wi the two fish looks a cracker !!!-------any info on  how it fishes would be appreciated 
cheers davey

Stuart Smith

Re: lagg trout fishery
« Reply #1 on: 12/05/2010 at 17:48 »
we fish in that area alot.dont bother with lagg(ive never fished it but ive heard the locals mooning about it)walk a couple of 100 yards past it and there is loads of great lochs.some of them have very big browns in them.we fished them from the float tubes last year and had a great day

as for pollock try anywhere you can get deep water.weve had them on fly great fun.theres normally sea trout going about in the salt.

if your hung over and need a easy day you should try Drumbegg.you get the boat from the hotel i think.its good fishing around the islands

stuart

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 14/05/2010 at 19:14 »
Strange one this, there has been a sudden increase in interest in stocking lochs "up north" with rainbow trout this year. I've had a few emails lately from folk asking if I know where they can get stock fish from north of Inverness :roll

Personally, I must confess that I don't understand this, there is wonderful fishing for brown trout in those areas, why would you want to stock a highland loch, it doesn't make economic sense either? I don't know of any fish farms in those areas and have therefore suggested in my replies that they ask for suggestions regarding fish stock suppliers from the governing body when they apply for the required licence to put stock fish in their location.

Perhaps we should be paying more to fish for wild brown trout in these locations? Which might help to stop folk from even considering stocking our wild waters?

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 14/05/2010 at 19:38 »
Coulndn't agree more Mike, As much as I enjoy fishing for Rainbows I think it is madness to stock with Rainbows where there is a sustainable population of Brown Trout.

:z18

Jim 

Stuart Smith

« Reply #4 on: 15/05/2010 at 20:26 »
i think its bad when they try to charge you for wild trout fishing and when you get to some river and lochs they are over grown.i will pay a small fee if the land owner put that money towards the land to make the fishing better but alot dont

stuart

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com