Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 10th )
« on: 10/05/2010 at 23:34 »
Hi folks :cool:

Buzzers, Spiders, Bloodworm, Pheasant Tail Nymphs, Crunchers, Diawl Bachs, Sedges, F-flies and Damsels have been on the menu at Haddo this week :wink

Denny Mackay enjoyed a good session with 24 fish up to 9 lb, Michael MacPherson tempted 19 up to 12 lb, Andrew MacPherson 19 to 9 lb, Frances MacPherson 17 to 9 lb 8 oz, Ewan Lindsay 15 to 10 lb, Tam Greenock 15 to 10 lb, Ronnie Birnie 15 to 6 lb, Gordon Mackay 14 to 10 lb, Alan Birnie 13 to 7 lb, Scott Sim 12 to 10 lb, Richard Hay 12 to 8 lb, Alan Smith 11 to 12 lb, John Freeland 10 to 16 lb, Dave Batty 10 to 15 lb and Graeme Ellington netted 10 fish up to 9 lb.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 10th )
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2010 at 00:50 »
and a few photos from this week .......

Chiz

« Reply #2 on: 14/05/2010 at 09:30 »
Those are some really good photos!!

I have a little question though - I can see that there's two people on the boat. I'd have thought this would be tricky for casting from? I mean, are you not scared that you hook your fishing partner when casting? as there doesn't seem to be an awful distance between each other?

I cast slightly to the side instead of over my head and i'd be to frightened i'd hook my mate! :).

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 14/05/2010 at 12:51 »

I cast slightly to the side instead of over my head and i'd be to frightened i'd hook my mate! :).

you sit at end of the boat, so you cast over the water, not over your mates head.
Remember the boat has two sides and the fish can swim :wink

mikes boats are big enough for 3, so you should manage fine :z16

sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com