Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matt Henderson

Re: Fishing in the summer time
« Reply #15 on: 04/05/2010 at 15:58 »
I have recently been running around Wales in one of these

Lots of storage but the ballistic plates make it a bit on the heavy side ;) Would not want to fall over in the water with one on..lol.

I had one of those in the past.  I seem to remember going round Benbecula and constantly ending up chest deep in bogs... 

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 05/05/2010 at 08:26 »
I had one of those in the past.  I seem to remember going round Benbecula and constantly ending up chest deep in bogs... 

Were you in the Royal Regiment of Bog Bashers? ;)

Matt Henderson

« Reply #17 on: 18/06/2010 at 11:07 »
All,

I borrowed this little bumbag type thing off of Mr Tackle aka Iain Goolager. 

Yesterday I fished the Crathes Beat on the Dee and watching the weather forecast it became apparant that really a wading jacket wasn't the right thing for the job. 

So after a little bit of packing I managed to fit in the following items.

1 OFF fly box
1 OFF shooting head wallet with about four heads in it, and a selection of tubes and monkeys
1 OFF spare spool for a 10/11 GRXi reel (to switch between shooting head and full spey line)
Lots OFF spools of nylon,
1 OFF packable waterproof one that packs up nice and small and would be enough to keep my dry until i got a chance to get my wading jacket out of the hut
1 OFF bottle of water
2 OFF mars bars
1 OFF factor duffle coat suncream
1 OFF siccors

It worked a treat.  I was wading about waist deep with no water ingress, but I didn't get to the point where the water would have been over the top of the bag.  In reality I had everything I needed for a day's salmon fishing and more.  I could have probably squeezed in some more food and if I had really thought about it just taken the floating head on a spool and left the whole collection of heads at home.  If I was trout fishing then it would have been even better given no shooting heads and no spare spool. 

Much more comfortable than wearing a waistcoat, the only downside would have been had I been carrying a net I wouldn't have had anything to hang it from. I might need to invest in my own one soon. 

Cheers

Matt

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com