Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Game fishing around Pitlochry/Crieff?
« on: 30/04/2010 at 11:47 »
Partly being lazy, partly wanting recommendations....

Off to Edradour and Glen Turret on Saturday to replensih my favourite tipples so I want to sneak a couple of rods into the car and do some fishing down there.

Any recommendation on waters/rivers/methods to fish? Will be for trout as I can fit the rods in the boot of the Mito.

Cass wants to fish too and although she can cast, she does not have waders/long casting.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Hamish Young

Re: Game fishing around Pitlochry/Crieff?
« Reply #1 on: 30/04/2010 at 11:58 »
Loch Earn might be worth a chuck (which Mito  :? :wink:z17

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 30/04/2010 at 12:20 »
Was thinking Earn was a little big for 5 weights and someone who cant cast far.

As for the Mito...1.6 Veloce, fully loaded..lol Multiair waiting list far too long!  :cry The "magic button" is amazing..boosts turbo at the flick of a switch...multi funolissimo!

This one infact :)

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 30/04/2010 at 17:09 »
Rob

If you are going to Glen turret distilery just carry on up the glen and fish Loch Turret

You get the Permit for Loch Turret from Boyds Newsagent, same for Drummond.

Alternatley Crieff angling have Drummon Loch just outside Crieff good boats , nice location , good chance of a nice Brownie. You get the tickets from the newsagents in Crief

http://www.crieffanglingclub.org.uk/d_loch.htm

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 30/04/2010 at 21:40 »
Thanks for that Jim.
Cass used to work at glenturret and we go upto the loch a few times a hear but it's always looked extremely windswept. Will have a look tomorrow. And thaks for the link to the club.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 01/05/2010 at 08:13 »
Thanks for that Jim.
Cass used to work at glenturret and we go upto the loch a few times a hear but it's always looked extremely windswept. Will have a look tomorrow. And thaks for the link to the club.

also a trout farm and fishery at Comrie, just up the road from Crieff. Drummond Trout farm. fished it years and years and years ago,  in the mid-80s when I was just a wee yin, so cannot tell you anything about what it is like

used to fish drummond loch a lot, so I'd go for that

cheers
iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 01/05/2010 at 22:55 »
Drummond closed a while back Iain.

Ended up not fishing as the weather was horrible. Ended up doing touristy things and picking up two real good bargins in the tackle shop.

Two salmon in the fish ladder, one around 10 - 12 pounds, the other over 20. Strange staring at the fish face toface through the glass.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #7 on: 02/05/2010 at 10:02 »
Drummond closed a while back Iain.

Two salmon in the fish ladder... Strange staring at the fish face toface through the glass.

drummond loch closed? I thought mike fished it last season? pity.

Strange for the fish, staring at you through the glass too... :-)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com