Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I thought I would put it up anyway...an insight into what goes into a truely custom rod (and Mikes new 5 weight!!)

Sandy Nelson

Cheers Rob

That was interesting to watch, Kinda fits with my whole concept of the thing.

David, when does part 2 come out?

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

There is another rather interesting video where David explains his DNA concept...basically a custom rolles extra section to take any 4 piece rod and convert it into a longer rod, so..a 9 foot 5 weight can become an 11 footer. Fantastic concept!

Nice to see proper craftsmen at work and coming up with innovative ideas!

David Norwich

Cheers Rob

That was interesting to watch, Kinda fits with my whole concept of the thing.

David, when does part 2 come out?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Thank's for the comment.

The footage has been shot. It is just getting time to edit it all into a semblence of order. It has been a busy start to the year. 

I was really surprised looking at the footage, as I'm sure you will be when I post it on YouTube -  just how many hand & machine process's a rod blank goes through before it becomes a finished fly rod.  I just take it as part of the working week, but looking at it - it really is surprising.

I'm not sure how it can be reduced to the under 10 minutes YouTube need? It will need to be a whistle stop sort of show to get it all in.

Regards,

David.

www.davidnorwich.com

Sandy Nelson

Looking forward to it  :z16
it gives me lots to think about whilst being out here :cool:

cheers

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com