Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 25th )
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:14:51 AM »
Hi folks :cool:

Here are a few Haddo photos from this week .....

Best wishes
Mike

www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 25th )
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »
Hi folks :cool:

Buzzers, Spiders, Hoppers, Adams, Bloodworm, Damsels, Hares Lug, black Straggle nymph, Dancers and Fritz have been on the menu at Haddo this week.

The fish have been "moody" in the changeable weather conditions with most anglers averaging around half a dozen fish for their session. The Mackay brothers found some good sport over their 5 days, with catches like Denny's 21 up to 11 lb, 20 up to 10 lb, 18 up to 11 lb and Gordon's 20 up to 12 lb, 15 up to 7 lb and 12 up to 6 lb, buzzer fishing being their preferred tactics. Some nice fish were netted over the week, a good number in the 6 to 8 lb range and Charles MacPherson, Steve Faithful, Paul Gibson, George Niblock and Brian Liebenberg all netted trout of 10 lb or more.

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
I love your little ginger friend :grin

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Goolager

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 21:02:28 PM »
Have to agree, that's a cracking photo Mike :z16

Iain

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk