Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

1st time at corby
« on: 24/04/2010 at 17:35 »
After learning that im only a short distance from Corby Loch I ventured over for a few hours today.
The fishing was very challenging not to mention the weather, tried lots of flies all shapes and sizes and eventually managed 3 nice brownies on an olive damsel pulled rather quickly all just over the 1/2 pound mark and 2 different kinds (cant remember the names of the 2 species, something about wild ones and stocked ones, red spots and black spots).
All in all a nice day  and going back tomorrow, if you are going for the first time remember your waders!!

:z18 Adam.

Andy

Re: 1st time at corby
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2010 at 19:10 »
well done.  was there much people there?

adambrain

« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2010 at 19:31 »
well done.  was there much people there?

Thanks, there were 2 others plus Ian, think the 2 guys blanked but Ian had a couple or 3.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 24/04/2010 at 21:10 »
Where is corby and how big is it?

Thanks
Baz

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 24/04/2010 at 21:12 »
All is now clear - i found this site
http://corbyloch.co.uk/#
 :z18

P Ross

« Reply #5 on: 25/04/2010 at 12:56 »
Glad you had a good time. I take it you waded and didn't use a boat? What was the water level like?

adambrain

« Reply #6 on: 25/04/2010 at 17:47 »
The water levels are still up a bit and the fishing is hard going with the weather. went back there today and managed 3 bows, think thats all that was caught bar ians few he caught from the boat.
Yes i was wading will wait a few weeks before i get in the boat i think.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com