Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

sightbob

delgatie castle trout fishery
« on: January 07, 2007, 20:41:35 PM »
The loch reopened on the 3rd January after being frozen for over two weeks. Lures fished close to the bottom and buzzers/bloodworm fished under the indicator were the most successful tactics but fish seemed to be feeding mostly in the mornings with afternoons being mainly unproductive.
J Gardiner had a great two sessions landing bags of 25 and 18 with fish of 10lb and 8.1lb falling for his nomad and blob combination.
G Wood landed 18 to 3.8lb on a pink fritz while D Mair of Aberdeen banked 16 to 4.8lb on a w.s.w. C McKay boated 13 to 7lb on a w.s.w while J Kerr banked 12 to 8lb on lures. K Anderson banked 10 to 8lb on a bloodworm while A Hay boated 9 to 3.8lb on a yellow dancer and bloodworm.
R Hambly boated 8 with two at 4lb falling to his buzzer while J Ewing and young K McKay  both had bags of 8 to 3lb on a w.s.w. J Chalmers landed 7 to 9lb on a w.s.w. and J Paterson landed a fish of 9.14lb on a bloodworm.
For further information contact Brian on 07795593922.

this week a crazed heron has been stalking the anglers, swooping on fish being played and lurking behind anglers, even sight indicators aren't safe :!:  don't quite know why it's doing this perhaps it's having problems feeding or is maybe ill.
it has been suggested that i trained it during my recent time off, who knows  :z4

lurking behind henry

stalking chris

the culprit

i'll try and get a photo of it in action and post it.
cheers.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 16:59:00 PM »
hi brian in the first photo which one is the heron.
 andrew :lol:   :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 17:26:09 PM »
Re: "heroin"

Young Andrew ........... Your speling is atroshus!

What are we gonna do with you?  :z8

Purrhaps we shud all ban you from fushin for a couple of years so you can do some studying?

Mike  :lol:
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

sightbob

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 18:57:52 PM »
the pest in action

Jim Eddie

Heron
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 19:41:31 PM »
Folks I had the resident Haddo  Heron attack a fish I had hooked from the float tube when fishing at the back of the Island.
I do not know what triggers the behaviour , a Heron could not tackle a 2lb Rainbow.

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 21:31:57 PM »
hi mike

what spelling mistake
   :lol: oops :roll:  :oops:  :lol:

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum