Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

j.r fartley

Volcano erupts in Iceland
« on: 15/04/2010 at 17:37 »
I visited Iceland for a fortnight in 1996,one of my friends from the trip sent me this picture today...

Barry Robertson

Re: Volcano erupts in Iceland
« Reply #1 on: 15/04/2010 at 17:50 »
Well i am not happy with it!
I was due home tomorrow and meant to be fishing on sat but all flights are now canceled or delayed- no fishing for me!
Absolute rhubarb  :mad

j.r fartley

« Reply #2 on: 15/04/2010 at 17:55 »
Well i am not happy with it!
I was due home tomorrow and meant to be fishing on sat but all flights are now canceled or delayed- no fishing for me!
Absolute rhubarb  :mad
  gorgeous photo though eh?  :z4

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #3 on: 15/04/2010 at 18:08 »
I took a holiday today from work (at the airport) and turns out i would have got the day off anyway!  :mad

Also......Has anyone seen the footage of the volcano on the news? If no aircraft are allowed to fly then who is flying the one shooting this footage?  ??? :z7

j.r fartley

« Reply #4 on: 15/04/2010 at 18:10 »
I took a holiday today from work (at the airport) and turns out i would have got the day off anyway!  :mad

Also......Has anyone seen the footage of the volcano on the news? If no aircraft are allowed to fly then who is flying the one shooting this footage?  ??? :z7

the nutters in the helicopter  :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 15/04/2010 at 18:56 »
Stunning photo  :z16

:z18

Jim

P Ross

« Reply #6 on: 15/04/2010 at 20:04 »
Paulfish_1 i also work at the airport.Who do you work for..??  Was on duty last night when it all kicked off.Longest night of my life. Positive is i'm now off for 5 days and that means i can go fishing !!!!!! :z4

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2010 at 20:41 »
I work for Aero handling. The guys at work are all delighted they get the day off! Dont think anything will move for another 24hrs. Who you work for?

cheers
Paul

P Ross

« Reply #8 on: 15/04/2010 at 20:46 »
ADM . You know Brodie then?

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #9 on: 15/04/2010 at 20:53 »
Yeah i was on with Brodie yesterday. You will know my girlfriend Kirsty too. She is the manager of the boots store in the terminal and pals with Gemma Forrest.

Brodie tries to slag me daily because all i talk about is fishing!  :z4 He doesnt know what he is missing!  :z18

P Ross

« Reply #10 on: 15/04/2010 at 20:57 »
Yeah got you now ! Just remind Brodie that he used to carry my toolbox when we worked together and that he cant sing !!! Been fishing lately? am going to loch insch on monday.Anyone been up lately?? :?

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #11 on: 15/04/2010 at 21:19 »
I was out on Saturday on the Dee. I put a wee report on here. I keep a blog too http://paulfishingscotland.blogspot.com/

I am was planning a day out tomorrow but i think its just been cancelled so i will be tying instead. I havent been up to loch insch since the new owners took over.

I will pass the message on to Brodie. Although i already knew he cant sing!  :z7

Tight lines
Paul

P Ross

« Reply #12 on: 15/04/2010 at 21:27 »
Was up a couple of times last year and had some great fun in the evening on the dries. :z15
Will make a point of letting Brodie know fishing rocks :z1 :z1
Cheers

Noel Kelly

« Reply #13 on: 15/04/2010 at 21:57 »
I work for Aero handling. The guys at work are all delighted they get the day off! Dont think anything will move for another 24hrs. Who you work for?

cheers
Paul

Hi Paul, mad day at work today big changes on the cards for engineering, wont effect ye guys though. I will be on the Don tomorrow if you fancy it? Will be working til 10.30 or so can give you a lift or whatever if you need.

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #14 on: 15/04/2010 at 23:12 »
Hi Noel. I was meant to be going down the road on Saturday for the weekend but i am now leaving tomorrow about 12 so there goes my fishing day!  :mad

Will be back on tuesday and on the Don sometime next week but wont make it tomorrow. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Paul

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com