Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

is it possible?
« on: 11/04/2010 at 21:13 »
Do you think its possible to have too many flies? If so how many is too many?
I dont think I have an excessive amount of flies but I the more I have the longer I seem to spend choosing which one to use next. Anyone else seem to do this?

Mike Barrio

Re: is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: 11/04/2010 at 21:18 »
The best possible thing to do, is to only keep your top 10 or 12 "go to" flies and throw out the rest :z16

Then, as soon as you've done this, you can start collecting all over again! :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

adambrain

« Reply #2 on: 11/04/2010 at 21:20 »
lol prob the best advice ever :z18.
the next best thing to fishing is buying lots of crap for it even when you dont need it.

Stuart Smith

« Reply #3 on: 11/04/2010 at 22:41 »
thats a good thing to do

ive only started trying to tie the flys i use the most.problery about 15 or so(its not working tho)

stuart

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 12/04/2010 at 07:21 »
Adam,
It's impossible to have too many flies, the problem arises when you take them all with you when you go fishing.

Iain

GARYBOY

« Reply #5 on: 12/04/2010 at 18:44 »
Got 2 boxes from a guy i work with and now have over 400 but still have 10 - 12 favourites never seem to get round to trying the rest :shock

adambrain

« Reply #6 on: 12/04/2010 at 20:27 »
it's gotta be an obsession i think.  like lures, i dont use them but i always have a box of them with me, why? i dont really know why. think i just need to stop spending money ha ha ha :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com