Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Rankine

Surplus to requirements.

B+W Powerlite Speycaster 13 foot #8-10 in pristine condition . Unused.
RRP over £530 - accept around the half price mark.

Orvis Power Matrix #7 10 foot, again pristine A1 as new condition . Used twice.
RRP @£300 - looking for £160.

As new rods for half price - geniune bargains .

PM me any offers please.

Paul.

Chris Connolly

Re: As new rods for half price - geniune bargains .
« Reply #1 on: 19/04/2010 at 17:50 »
what u looking for the bruce and walker

chris

Paul Rankine

« Reply #2 on: 20/04/2010 at 13:26 »
Hi,
     B+W Powerlite now sold.
Paul.

Paul Rankine

Orvis Powermatrix - geniune bargain .
« Reply #3 on: 23/04/2010 at 16:19 »

Now down to £150

This is the perfect small river salmon single hander . Note rod shown above from the Orvis site does not show correct handle which should include a lower cork section ("fighting butt") of @3 inches.

Below review from a steelhead fishermen from the Orvis site.

Overall Rating:  5 / 5 Great purchase,04 December 2009 By: minrr (read all my reviews)
Good Value:  5 / 5 Meets Expectations:  5 / 5 Features:  4 / 5 Appearance:  5 / 5
"Bought this rod in Sept 09 and have macthed it with a Guide Line shooting head system. This thing casts a mile with this and loads great. Have Orvis wonderline for the floating line. For the money I think that it is one of the best steelhead rods around that I have tried. Was comparing the Zero Gravity that was on sale at the store in Canada where I bought it and the Zero Gravity was only $100.00 more but I personally thought the Matrix was a nicer casting rod. Great fast action rod. The only thing that I would really like on this rod is some recoil guides for winter steelheading in Ontario off Lake Huron. Great product and would highly recommend it to anyone."

Total bargain !

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 23/04/2010 at 20:17 »
This one Paul? http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=9982&dir_id=441&group_id=442&cat_id=5344&subcat_id=5868

£299 new folks! Get a bargin! I have 2 of the TLS series of rods and found them lovely. My 9 weight has been replaced with a Helios but I still fish my TLS regularly as it's a very pleasent rod to use.

Go on chaps, it would make a lovely sea trout rod or boat weapon.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 24/04/2010 at 21:24 »
Thanks for the recommendation Rob !  :z4

As the man said it's a lovely sea trout weapon , as new condition and a bargain.

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com