Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

"turracoo" ..... Nice Brownie
« on: 30/03/2010 at 00:02 »
Hi folks :cool:

Chris "turracoo" McAllister sent me this photo of a nice Don Brownie from Lower Parkhill on the fly.

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

Re: "turracoo" ..... Nice Brownie
« Reply #1 on: 30/03/2010 at 06:15 »
WOW Thats the Don brownie pics off to a good start for this year. Any idea what it was taken on?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 30/03/2010 at 17:19 »
Any idea what it was taken on?

A Thurday I think Noel  :z7

Very Nice Trout Turrifcow

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 30/03/2010 at 19:07 »
Thanks Iain  :z16 A thursday hmmm interesting.

paavo

« Reply #4 on: 31/03/2010 at 18:12 »
Oh :z5 nice trout there.  :z16

//Harri

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 31/03/2010 at 19:57 »
Right any more info on this fish? So far it has been established that it was caught on a thursday which is great info. Would I be right in thinking it was caught on salmon gear?   

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 31/03/2010 at 20:24 »
Hi Noel

I don't think that Chris caught it this year, it might have been last season ( too much green growth in the background to be a photo taken in March? ) I think he was just dreaming about the weeks to come .........

He doesn't log in very often, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he says :z8

He is a trout fisher, I don't think he fishes for the silver tourists :wink

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 31/03/2010 at 20:43 »
too much green growth in the background to be a photo taken in March?

Good point :oops Have looked at that pic several times and hadn't realised there was a background  :z5 :z15 :z5

Chris looks familiar and him holding big fish up for a pic also looks familiar.  :z16

turracoo

« Reply #8 on: 02/04/2010 at 20:17 »
Hi guys,
            Sorry to keep you waiting - haven't been online for a while.  Brownie was caught in August last year in the pool at Lower Parkhill.  Seen the fish rise a few times at the other side.  Didn't think it was such a big fish until it smashed my fly and headed down to the next pool.  On this, I fell in!  Once I surfaced, to my amazement the fish was still on!  Landed it safely after about 5 minutes, which felt like forever.  Emailed the photo to Mike and thought I'd share it on the site, rather than just keep it on the laptop.  Fly was made of hares ear with a pink glo floss rib with a cdc thorax and a golden plover hackle on a size 12.

PS:  It was caught on a Friday - hahaha.

Chris :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com