Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Buchan

Anyone out at the weekend
« on: 29/03/2010 at 18:26 »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any luck this weekend?  I had a day on the Deveron at the Marnoch lodge beat.  First time fishing the beat conditions looked good but unfortunatly no springers got one pull and i landed a seatrout kelt of around 3lb( would have been a nice fish june 09  :wink) heres some photos

Start of the beat directly below the bridge of Marnoch. 

The Falconer pool was expecting a fish all the way down, stunning pool really wide for the Deveron the .  Got a pull half way down but never connected.

The bottom half of the beat looking up the middle hummies pool.  Hooked the seatrout Kelt just below the tree got the heart pumping for a second.

Hopefully better luck next week, might have a go for the trout if my new toy arrives. 

Iain Goolager

Re: Anyone out at the weekend
« Reply #1 on: 29/03/2010 at 22:17 »
Nice shots Mike,
Pity about the fish.
So.....................what's the new toy (Guideline Fario?) :z4

Iain

clark

« Reply #2 on: 29/03/2010 at 22:41 »
I was out at parkhill fishery (leased to the adaa)  :z16 great day nice and sunny, a bit windy, but perfect and the fishing was just that   :grin had 14 fish to damsels fished nice and slow and had a fish about 6lb  :z16 all in all my best days fishing there since the adaa got the lease :z12

Calum

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 30/03/2010 at 10:52 »
I was stuck at a wedding this weekend which turned out to be a great weekend actually  :wink
Will make up for it this weekend as iam off to fish Lake of menteith on Friday then North Third on the saturdsy  :z16
Will try and get some photos  :z18

Michael Buchan

« Reply #4 on: 30/03/2010 at 14:26 »
Sounds like a good day Calum,

Baz I’m Jealous Menteith is one of those places I’ve always wanted to fish but haven’t got round to it yet same as Loch Leven.  How hard is it to get boats on these at the weekends?

Iain the Fario does look good lf you want ill do you a favor and take your Loop reels off your hands £50 a piece and you’ll get a sexy new Fario for next to nothing   :z4

My new toy that’s coming is a 6# Scott S4 she’s making her way over from Oregon so hoping customs don’t sting me to much. Hopefully ill get a bash with it on Saturday if it comes, cant wait. 

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 30/03/2010 at 16:06 »
Menteith is pretty simple to get a boat on but when there are comps on you have no chance  :z6
If you ever fancy a day out Michael let me know and i will get us a boat  :z18
I should be on leven and menteith throughout the season  :z16

Michael Buchan

« Reply #6 on: 30/03/2010 at 21:33 »
Cheers Baz, that would be spot on  :z16

A day on either would be great, just give us a shout whenever you fancy.

You any tips on what to tie up for either?

bruce

« Reply #7 on: 30/03/2010 at 22:12 »
I was stuck at a wedding this weekend which turned out to be a great weekend actually  :wink
Will make up for it this weekend as iam off to fish Lake of menteith on Friday then North Third on the saturdsy  :z16
Will try and get some photos  :z18

Let me know how you get on at lake of Menteith im heading down there in july and would be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers

Barry Robertson

« Reply #8 on: 30/03/2010 at 22:12 »
I will have plenty flies for either water, the lake fishes well all year to buzzers,crunchers,cormorants,snatchers,boobys and blobs!
Loch leven , doubt you will go wrong with traditional wets and humungus's!

Barry Robertson

« Reply #9 on: 31/03/2010 at 10:23 »
Let me know how you get on at lake of Menteith im heading down there in july and would be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers

I think the info i gave you know would be pointless for july Bruce  :wink
Looking at the callendar iam on the lake 7-8-9-10 of july so will give you some more updated info nearer the time! :z18
Tightlines
Baz
 :z18

bruce

« Reply #10 on: 31/03/2010 at 12:49 »
I think the info i gave you know would be pointless for july Bruce  :wink

any info for this beginner is good :z4

think if i remember correctly im down there 23 to 30th, wont get to fish all the time, minister of home affairs wont allow it but i will get out a couple of times i hope :shock

paavo

« Reply #11 on: 31/03/2010 at 18:20 »
Thanks for sharing Wind knot.  :z18
Any brownies there?

//Harri

Michael Buchan

« Reply #12 on: 31/03/2010 at 22:01 »
Cheers Harri,

The Deveron is quite a good trout river but the brownies dont get fished for much particulary after May as most of the beats are let by the week for salmon.  Up to May however day tickets are easy to get hold of and for £10-15 you can fish for salmon or tout on some lovely beats.
Witnessed an olive hatch on the upper river last year while fishing for salmon there were trout everywhere.  Cant wait to go back with the tout rod once the weather warms up a bit.

Michael

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 31/03/2010 at 22:38 »
I'd be up for a trip if you fancy a bit of company Michael.

Iain

Michael Buchan

« Reply #14 on: 01/04/2010 at 09:28 »
Iain that sounds like a plan,

Give me a shout when you are free.  Managed to negotiate with the wife a free pass most Satuardays untill holidays begining of June. Also planning on taking a couple days off late April/ May for the trout once the weather warms up a bit.

The beat i had in minds a cracking salmon beat so if conditions were perfect could be a bit of a dilema salmon / trout.  You fished the Deveron much?

Michael

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com