Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to March 21st )
« on: 23/03/2010 at 21:54 »
Hi folks :cool:

Strange conditions this week, there were more fish rising, but they were harder to tempt :roll

Damsels, Bloodworm, Mini Cats, Diawl Bachs, Spiders and Buzzers were popular choices of fly :wink

Looking back, I think the average catch over the week was about half a dozen fish, with Kev Danby tempting 15 up to 6 lb, Ewan Lindsay 12 up to 6 lb, Jim Adie 12 up to 6 lb and Alex Burnett netted 10 fish including a cracking trout of over 15 lb.

Today was a different story, the fish were feeding harder again this morning and everybody on the water enjoyed great sport.

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to March 21st )
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2010 at 19:48 »
Alex Burnett netted 10 fish including a cracking trout of over 15 lb.

WOW  :shock That must have been some scrap considering the condition the fish are in at the moment. :z16 

Alex Burnett

« Reply #2 on: 24/03/2010 at 19:56 »
Alex Burnett netted 10 fish including a cracking trout of over 15 lb.

WOW  :shock That must have been some scrap considering the condition the fish are in at the moment. :z16 

Lets just say...by the time I had landed the fish I thought my arm was going to drop off.

Alex

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 24/03/2010 at 20:35 »
I can't wait to try out the 3wt with fish like that on the go!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 24/03/2010 at 21:39 »
I can't wait to try out the 3wt with fish like that on the go!

Lol I think your facial expression would quickly change from delight to concern swiftly changing to pain with a fish like that :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com