Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Buchan

Terminator Trout - Coming to a loch near you?
« on: 16/03/2010 at 19:58 »
Check out these beauties15-20% stronger than a normal trout compleate with six pack and hump back.  They aint half ugly. Might be time to sell your 4,5,6 weight rods and invest in something a bit heavier  :z4

www.moldychum.com/home-old/tag/fish-video

Paul Rankine

Re: Terminator Trout - Coming to a loch near you?
« Reply #1 on: 16/03/2010 at 22:15 »
Hi,
      Not any time soon I hope ! Transgenic anythings for food production are one big can of worms and rightfully have to satisfy strict production (not to mention import ) controls before being unleashed on us poor unsuspecting souls. The Americans can keep them.
Paul.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 17/03/2010 at 21:10 »
Technically it's a very interesting exercise for the fisheries 'geek' (such as I am) to undertake but transgenics is a big no-no and I sincerely hope such things never come to the table or a fishery near you......

However, consider this, selective breeding in salmonids was once frowned on but is now considered common/good practice. Triploid fish were once considered akin to the anti-christ but are now common place in a variety of salmonids and make up a very very significant percentage of the stocked and table fish available today.

So if, looking into my gloomy crytal ball, I see transgenic fish on the horizon line I have to ask how long will it be before the 'technology' in transgenics is incorporated 'somewhere' in the food chain for farmed fish.
Think about it...... it's actually quite frightening.

:z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 18/03/2010 at 18:50 »

Think about it...... it's actually quite frightening.

:z3

Is it ever! :shock

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 18/03/2010 at 19:39 »
Watched Dr Frankesteins video today and I can't think of a more unsightly looking quarry than those triffids. :shock

I'll say it again - give me 1/2 lb brownies any day.  :z15 :z16

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 18/03/2010 at 20:04 »
I'll say it again - give me 1/2 lb brownies any day. :z16

Iain

You can say that again! :z16

Those things look downright horrible!

Cheers
Mike

Tam Greenock

« Reply #6 on: 20/03/2010 at 10:02 »
So if they were a missile would they be "Scuds"   :z15

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com