Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:

Haddo is back and very much on form ..... after nearly 3 months of ice! :shock

I finally managed to open the fishery on Wednesday March the 10th and over the last few days anglers have enjoyed some great sport, with Mini Cats, Damsels, black Cactus, Dancers, Snatchers, Buzzers and Bloodworm on the menu.

Brian Liebenberg enjoyed a great session, tempting 27 fish to well over 10 lb, Baz Robertson netted 24 fish up to 10 lb, Jim Eddie 21 up to 8 lb, Tam Greenock 21 up to 7 lb, Scott Sim 20 up to 10 lb, Ronnie Birnie 18 up to 9 lb, Alex Burnett 18 up to 7 lb, Graham Hay 18 up to 4½ lb, Paul Rankine 14 up to 10 lb, Kenny Hall 13 up to 5 lb, Stewart Paterson 12 up to 6½ lb, Frank Thrall 11 up to 6 lb, Graeme Ellington 10 up to 4 lb, Noel Kelly had 9 including a nice fish of approx 9 lb ........... and then today (Sunday) junior angler Tyler Hay netted 50 trout up to 8 lb for his 6 hrs session. Well done Tyler, awesome!

The loch has not been stocked since very early in December and the trout are in simply superb condition :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Paul Rankine

Hi,

the trout are in simply superb condition

They certainly are Mike ! Lovely fish , soooo nice to see rainbows as they are meant to look.

Paul.

David Davies

good to see you up and running mike after the horrendous winter, I was up a couple of weeks ago , but alas no chance to fish ,did have a walk round one morning must have been 6 inches thick, anyway best wishes for a trouble free year, hopefully will be up a little later in the year,really missed the fishing
 :z16
dave

Iain Goolager

Good to see you open Mike.

Looks like everyones having a ball at the moment.  :z16

Will have to get out soon once the fixture list is less cluttered.

Iain

Tam Greenock

Nuclear  :z15

Cameron deBoth

Looks great, cant wait to get out again.

Iain Cameron

good to be back indeed - managed to get out on Haddo yesterday - had a few months off *everything* with a trapped nerve, so it was great to be out and about with a rod, and even managed a few fish, a few casts, and a chat with alex & mike. all good stuff. Just hope mike's picture of me releasing the trout from the landing net before I'd bothered to un-hook it doesn't show up...

paavo

Mike, nice photos there, I like the one on top.  :z16

//Harri

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com