Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Bronzebommer

Lochter
« on: 05/03/2010 at 19:34 »
Seeing as Mike hasn’t pulled his finger out and cleared the ice from Haddow I will be having a bash at Lochter Sunday morning. Does anyone have an idea if it is free of ice and how it is fishing? ???

Matt

Matt Henderson

Re: Lochter
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/2010 at 19:42 »
I was there today Matt. The pond across the road is open and the top pond on the main side.  There seemed to be no pattern in what they were taking.  There were three of us fishing on the top pond at the main side.  I had two fish, the chap I was with had one and there was another guy that got one fish but went to fish the other side shortly afterwards.  I tried Iain method of a dry fly with buzzers underneath it.  But I couldn't see it.  So went back to stripping lures.  I gone one fish on a green bodied streamer with a white tail and the second with a black wooly bugger with an orange conehead.  I had about four casts with the wooly bugger than got a fish and by that time it was time to go home.  None of us were having that much success.  But it was a lot better than being at work.  :z4

Cheers

Matt

Bronzebommer

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2010 at 19:52 »
Thanks for that, I was trying to hold out and save myself for Haddo but I can’t manage it. :(  I still have to get a new reel and line for the lightweight, which can wait for Haddo. ;D

Matt

Bronzebommer

« Reply #3 on: 05/03/2010 at 20:54 »
Anyone know what time it opens Sunday morning? The website wasn’t very informative. :z6

Matt

jonathonp950

« Reply #4 on: 05/03/2010 at 21:29 »
its open at 8 am and 1 hour after dusk

Bronzebommer

« Reply #5 on: 05/03/2010 at 21:50 »

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 05/03/2010 at 22:05 »
Probably be there tomorrow morning. If anyone is there look out for me I should be wearing a blue woolen cap, waders and wading boots :z4 I dont actually plan on wading honest...
Probably with a roll-up hanging out of my gob. Come say hello.

clark

« Reply #7 on: 06/03/2010 at 11:46 »
I will also be there tommorow morning with my mate Johnathan  :z16 look out for the 6'4" spotty faced 17 year old with feet that look like boats   :z4

Calum

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 06/03/2010 at 20:43 »
Really struggled at Locter today. Started off with a floater and had a pull on a buzzer then nothing. Switched to a fast sinker and tried all sorts without a touch. Spoke to 3 others who were also on their way to a blank.
Just as I was finishing up a few fish were moving on the surface but didn't have the time or inclination to try for them.
Met a guy in the car park when I was leaving who reckoned he had 14 and lost several more all on the bloodworn on an intermediate line :wink
There were a few other dodgy forum characters fishing there today who may or may not share how they got on. :z4     

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 06/03/2010 at 20:59 »
Calum

I think you were one of the dodgy forum charcters i di not meet today  :z4 After Noel left i had about 27 then I lost count  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 06/03/2010 at 23:23 »
Looks like you packed up at the wrong time guys.

Although the action wasn't fast and furious a few fish were in the taking mood.

I fished the Apps 2' under the surface and a black and green buzzer 14" further down.

of the 7 fish hooked (only 4 landed) the bloodworm accounted for 5.

Nice to have bend in't rod after fishing the Don at Inverurie earlier without a touch. :cry

Good luck for tomorrow Matt

Iain 

MC72

« Reply #11 on: 07/03/2010 at 12:37 »
Was at Lochter yesterday morning for  4 hr session. Slow to start with but eventually landed 5 using a gold head olive damsel on a floating line 9' leader.   

It was pretty busy and the ice meant that there wasn't much room on the shop side of the road. Fish were in good condition although they didn't seem to want to sprint away, just tried to keep their heads down. Can't wait until the weather warms up and a few more naturals start to appear.

simonc

« Reply #12 on: 07/03/2010 at 14:43 »
I was at lochter yesterday, with a wee bit of success.  Managed to catch 7 in total but lost another 3 when they were within inches of the net. Landed 5 with a pink lure which has flexifloss coming out of the head, got it off of a mate who got it from from fulling mill it is called a pink kick ass. The last fish was caught on the dropper and it was a lime green flexifloss bloodworm. Was only there for a 4 hr session, so wasn't too bad.

clark

« Reply #13 on: 08/03/2010 at 12:28 »
Yes i am one of those :) I only ended up with one fish for my 4 hours but it was a decent size about 5lbs  :z16 but apart from that i didn't get much more than some half hearted tugs at the fly.  :z8

calum

Iain Goolager

« Reply #14 on: 08/03/2010 at 19:43 »
got it off of a mate who got it from from fulling mill it is called a pink kick ass

Simon, are you the guy I spoke to in the car park a week or so ago (you were just packing up)? I spoke briefly to a guy that told me the Pink Kick Ass story - I guess it was you.
I was the really good looking bloke with the Olive Orvis hat.

?????

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com