Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Reels and 'stuff' for sale
« on: 24/02/2010 at 14:28 »
OK, making a few very hard choices over gear at the moment  :shock so the following is up for grabs:

1. Lamson Waterworks Velocity V4 large arbour salmon fly reel, comes with Lamson pouch and (when I'm back in Aberdeenshire) it should come with the original box etc. Absolutely as new condition, I've used it perhaps half a dozen times. As a Lamson 'addict' I take very good care of my reels and this one is a belter. Gunmetal finish, non hard-alox model.  £125 no offers unless very very close  :wink Would happily discuss  a swap for an equally mint condition Velocity V3.5 or V3 - with spare spools even better :! Get in touch if you have.....
 Sold

2. Orvis 'Spey' salmon reel and spare spool - essentially a Magnum 200D with some bells and whistles. Used condition but good order throughout, come with reel pouch backing attached etc. Plenty of room for the longest salmon fly lines and miles of backing :!
£55 ono
Sold

3. Custom built 10ft 3 piece #5wt fly rod on an imported American blank. Finished in green the rod was built to a very, very high standard by Sandy Nelson for me a few years ago. Lovely through action, great loch rod and IMHO a pleasure to fish with all day. I don't think I have a bag for it - maybe a tube - would need to check. I have used and enjoyed this rod and am only parting with it as I'm simply not fishing with it any more. Finding the right home is a smidgen more important to me than price as far as this rod goes, in some ways it's priceless but in truth around £80 should secure it. If interested get in touch, you may wish to try before you buy. Sold

4. Ian Gordon 9/10 wt intermediate spey line, loaded onto a reel but never fished with. £20 (doesn't come with reel  :z7 ). Sold

There may be more, some thinning still to be done - but only to make way for new fishing toys  :wink

PM best means of getting in touch  :z16

H  :z3

Hamish Young

Re: Reels and 'stuff' for sale
« Reply #1 on: 24/02/2010 at 17:51 »
Having had a think about it, and if anyone is interested, I could include an Orvis WF#10 spey line on either the Lamson or the Orvis 'spey' reel for nowt extra.
Line is 2 years/seasons old and pretty much in new condition - a fair few quids worth of line
 :wink

If anyone wanted the Orvis reel and spare spool loaded with the Ian Gordon intermediate and the Orvis spey floater I'd accept £70 for that as a job lot, I'll even load the lines onto the spools  :z7

And one more offer, will include the CND Gravity Spey Point line #9/10 weight that I've got on in another advert with the Lamson for an all in price of £145.........

It's all got to go  :shock

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 06/03/2010 at 10:50 »

3. Custom built 10ft 3 piece #5wt fly rod on an imported American blank. Finished in green the rod was built to a very, very high standard by Sandy Nelson for me a few years ago. Lovely through action, great loch rod and IMHO a pleasure to fish with all day. I don't think I have a bag for it - maybe a tube - would need to check. I have used and enjoyed this rod and am only parting with it as I'm simply not fishing with it any more. Finding the right home is a smidgen more important to me than price as far as this rod goes, in some ways it's priceless but in truth around £80 should secure it. If interested get in touch, you may wish to try before you buy. Reserved

Sold to a good home who will enjoy it  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 12/03/2010 at 18:48 »
So the Lamson is still available - one timewaster from another forum later - now open to sensible cash offers for the Velocity 4 as I've my eye on something else it needs to go.

Shame I can't justify keeping it, really nice reel  :cry

:z3

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 22/03/2010 at 23:19 »
Lamson V4 now reserved  :!

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 30/03/2010 at 23:46 »
Lamson now sold  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com