Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

canada_chris

Snowbee
« on: 22/02/2010 at 02:45 »
Hi everybody as the name sugests I am from Canada (Vancouver Island). My question is about snowbee. I have wanted to get into fly fishing for awhile now, So I have been attending fly ting saturdays at a local Fly shop. He is a distributer for snowbee so figured he had a bias. OK question time, are snowbee a quality manufacturer on are they more of a low budget company.
Thanks guys
Chris

Barry Robertson

Re: Snowbee
« Reply #1 on: 22/02/2010 at 06:36 »
The only thing i would be buying from snowbee would be waders or fly lines! The snowbee xs is a great fly line and highly recomended! There rods that i have tried were pretty boring to be honest and did nothing to make me want one   :z6

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 22/02/2010 at 08:15 »
Welcome to the forum Chris  :z16
Snowbees 'top end' products are usually pretty good, their reels in particular.
I think you could fairly typecast Snowbee as something of a middle of the road brand and I'm reasonably confident that if you're getting into fly-fishing for the first time you would be as well using Snowbee as any other.
The fact your local shop is a distributor for Snowbee should be to your advantage, is there any particular Snowbee rod/reel/line combo you're looking at and what do you intend to fish for :?

:z3

canada_chris

« Reply #3 on: 22/02/2010 at 09:40 »
No I dont any one selected yet. Its just a brand I have not heard of before. Here on the Island G Loomis and sage seem to be the rod of choise, but I always like to be a bit different. I am in research mode right now. Thanks for the replies  :grin

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com