Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

First:
Due to an unexpected prize win of a fly line on a 'well known social networking site' I have replaced my (used a half dozen times) Orvis Wonderline 3 'easy mend' (long belly) WF4 line with something new on the market this year from Rio  :cool: I don't see me using two wf4 floating lines so the Orvis line is up for grabs, they're around £54 in the shops..... as this line is lightly used, doesn't have the original box or loading spool (well, I haven't actually looked for those yet) and has an Orvis tapered leader attached I think the first £15 is very fair price including P&P :?

Second:
CND Gravity Spey Point line, 9/10 weight. These retail at around $110 in the 'States and are hard to come by in the UK, made by Rio it's a meaningful line - more of a 10 than a 9 IMHO. It comes with a 20ft floating tip, handily Rio tips are a match but I dare say a trawl through eBay would yield CND tips from the 'States if you were particular about a direct match :! I switched to Rio AFS heads so this is surplus - been used maybe three times.
Looking for £45 including P&P.

However, for a wee play thing (saltwater distance competition thingmy) I'm looking for a floating Partridge 'shooting distance' in an 8 or (preferably) a 9 weight and I would be interested in a swap for the Orvis line or a swap plus £15 (to me :!) for the CND :z17
In the highly unlikely event that anyone has a Snowbee XS ED in either #8 or #9 they want shot of and would be interested in a swap I'd very much like to hear from you :wink

There will be a few more lines coming up for grabs, I'm rationalising a few things to make way for new toys.....  :z13

Hamish  :z3

Noel Kelly

Re: Couple of lines for sale and looking for one....
« Reply #1 on: 19/02/2010 at 17:57 »
Hi Hamish I will take the Orvis line if you don't get a swop.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 19/02/2010 at 19:56 »
I'll let you know Noel  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 23/02/2010 at 15:58 »
Right, Orvis line spoken for  :wink

CND line is still available, I'll be digging amongst boxes of stuff tomorrow night so expect a couple Lamson V4 reel (mint, almost unused) and some other goodies all coming up for grabs in a new advert....... plus a very special 10ft #5/6wt rod build by one Mr Sandy Nelson for me a few years back  :shock

Still looking for that shooting distance line  :z17

:z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com