Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Graeme Gauld

Piper Dam
« on: 19/02/2010 at 16:58 »
Hi Guys i am thinking on having a day on piper dam in March is it any good any tips would be a help

Cheers :z16

Barry Robertson

Re: Piper Dam
« Reply #1 on: 19/02/2010 at 17:18 »
Piper Dam
Not sure how it will be this year as there is some stories of it being used as a joint venture for waters sports and fishing. Fished it a few times last year and found it very challenging to say the least, it certainly was no fish tank and was a hard days fishing to achieve a 6 bag ticket they give you, but on the other hand very rewarding when you got your fish  :wink
Personally i found the top end of the water hard in by either side to be the best in amongst the weed beeds, failling that a drift off of the stones on the far side from the boat house is usually good drifting towards the out of bounds area for fishing :wink
Flies were just the normal suspects of Diawl bachs, buzzers ,cormorants and blobs.
I did a report on the water last year and the pic of those flies helped to a speedy bag limit on a couple of occassions  :z18
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2129.0
Hope this helps,
Tightlines,
Baz
 :z18

Graeme Gauld

Re: Piper Dam
« Reply #2 on: 22/02/2010 at 10:41 »
Cheers bigtrout i will give it a go weather permitting

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com