Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Matt Henderson

Days out on the Dee
« on: February 12, 2010, 21:15:25 PM »
I was lucky enough to be invited to fish Little Blackhall and Inchmarlo this week and managed to get out on Monday and Friday.  I wasn't lucky enough to get a fish but I did get lots of practise at the single spey with the left hand up and made a few decent casts eventually.  Fishing a sinking shooting head took a bit of getting used to.  And deep wading in freezing water was a bit hairy to begin with too.  The Dee was extremely rocks comapred to what I've been used to on the Don so I was glad I had my stick and lifejacket on just in case.  I did manage to get a nice white shoe out of the Roe Pot on Monday so not a total disaster.

A few photos of my days out are below

The view from the fishing hut this morning.

A dead fish that must have been some size before it passed away

some of the local wildlife who shared my jetty on the Roe Pot

cheers

Matt

Goolager

Re: Days out on the Dee
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »
Hi Matt,

Liked the hog picture.
Pity about the fish but an exciting couple of days I'll bet.

Can I have my shoe back?

And now back to the Don where I'm sure a fish or two might be had   :roll

Iain

Matt Henderson

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
I've never really had you down as the kind of man that would wear white slip ons with the playboy bunny on the sole...

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 20:51:07 PM »
Nice wee report and pics Matt  :z18

Ben_D

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 21:23:16 PM »
Nice report Matt.

Was out with Iain at Banchory on Thusday, both a a kelt each which is a bit of a shame, don't really like catching Kelts but was nice to cast a fly rather than a bit of wool!!  Have some pics, will post them when I find my camera lead.

Inchmarlo & Little Blackhall is a nice beat, some of the wading there is a bit tricky in places.  You were unlucky not to have touched a fish as they have had a good start to the season.  Did you fish both banks?

Cheers

Ben

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 21:35:42 PM »
Nice report Matt , its good just to get out even if you don't catch  :z16

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 22:06:55 PM »
Hi Matt

Nice pics, love the one of the fish and the sedgehog's not bad either :z4

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum