Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Barrio LC905 Fly Rod New
« Reply #30 on: 11/05/2010 at 23:25 »
Hi Mike,
no need to persuade me about the strength of you rods :), it is pretty obvious they are something special!

But back to the tip ;). Of the rods I have seen break on the cast/playing a fish, it tends to be either the butt, just above the handle, or about two thirds up the blank. The tip is under less pressure as the rod starts to reach it's full bend, as can be seen on YouTube if you search for Hardy/Greys rod test.  Makes good viewing. 

However, tips break a lot, normally when the angler is pulling line through on setting up, causing an extreme angle straight on the tip.

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio LC905 Fly Rod
« Reply #31 on: 13/06/2010 at 22:39 »
Hi folks :cool:

Just a quick note to explain that the edits throughout this thread and on my main website have been to remove the name of the 'Barrio Outcast' fly rod and replace this with 'Barrio LC905' fly rod due to a trade mark issue that has been brought to my attention :oops

I have done my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Rob Brownfield

Re: Barrio LC905 Fly Rod
« Reply #32 on: 14/06/2010 at 08:42 »

Just a quick note to explain that the edits throughout this thread and on my main website have been to remove the name of the 'Barrio Outcast' fly rod and replace this with 'Barrio LC905' fly rod due to a trade mark issue that has been brought to my attention :oops

I have done my best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Oh dear..its either the Rugby Team Cass plays for, or the biker gang in Aberdeen...lol. Neither should be messed with ;)

Mike Barrio

Re: The new 'Barrio LC905' Fly Rod
« Reply #33 on: 13/07/2010 at 22:22 »

The Barrio LC903 has arrived ..... a 9ft 3 piece 3wt and very much the LC905's baby sister!
I'll have the demo rod at the Forum Day Out for you to try :z16

This is an awesome little fly rod :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com