Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

Camping and fishing
« on: 05/02/2010 at 19:18 »
First week of May I have booked off work and dedicating it entirely to catching some fish.
Can anyone suggest any places where I can either camp by loch side or anywhere with accomodation?
Cheers adam.

Dave Mundie

Re: Camping and fishing
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/2010 at 19:22 »
The world is a big place any chance you could narrow down your area :wink

Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 05/02/2010 at 19:38 »
I do lots of camping and fishing for wild browns, like dave says an area would be helpfull  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 05/02/2010 at 20:06 »
Invercauld Estate allows responsible camping , you can camp up at Beannie which is about a 1/2 hour walk in or at Loch Nan euan (sp) which is a wee bit further at 7 miles  :z13

Jim

adambrain

« Reply #4 on: 05/02/2010 at 20:48 »
Sorry I'm in aberdeen.anywhere fairly local would be good but don't mind a couple hours travel. Thanks for any suggestions

TROUT-SALMON

« Reply #5 on: 06/02/2010 at 15:43 »
I go fishing camping allot .I some times go to Forfar and fish rescobie loch we camp at  http://www.foresterseat.co.uk/ it is only 4 mins away from the loch.    Tyler       :cool: :z18                                                                                               

adambrain

« Reply #6 on: 06/02/2010 at 18:30 »
I go fishing camping allot .I some times go to Forfar and fish rescobie loch we camp at  http://www.foresterseat.co.uk/ it is only 4 mins away from the loch.    Tyler       :cool: :z18                                                                                               

Cheers for that, i dont know many areas round here far toooooooo busy with work, this place is near perfect not to far away but also far enough, thanks.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 07/02/2010 at 12:37 »
I tend to jump in the car and head north west to just north of Inverness. Loads of open space, fish, lochs and fun!

You can fish for wild brownies, stocked bows, salmon, sea trout, pike and perch..all on the fly..or even head to the coast with an 8 weight and have fun there too.

Jonathan

« Reply #8 on: 07/02/2010 at 18:56 »
Hi Adam
             Their are a few of us planning to go to lochindorb for few long weekends. Float tube, tent and BBQ.
Lochindorb opens mid April. Will text you when we have dates organised.
We cant wait

Tight Lines

Jonathan

adambrain

« Reply #9 on: 07/02/2010 at 19:34 »
Rob,
thanks i will look into that.

Johnathan,
excellent count me in, i will need dates asap tho for booking time off work.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 08/02/2010 at 17:25 »
Hi Adam

Don't forget the campsite at Alford, we used to go there with a tent quite often and you can get a day ticket for fishing the Alford fishings at the campsite. It's nice to be able to just walk down to the river :wink

Best wishes
Mike

adambrain

« Reply #11 on: 10/02/2010 at 19:25 »
Hi Adam

Don't forget the campsite at Alford, we used to go there with a tent quite often and you can get a day ticket for fishing the Alford fishings at the campsite. It's nice to be able to just walk down to the river :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Thanks mike, i wanna give rivers a bash this season, i'll be fitting in a day at Haddo in my week off as well.
cheers adam.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com