Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Fishing this weekend?
« on: 31/01/2010 at 20:51 »
Hi folks :cool:

So, apart from Jim and Baz's grayling trip, did anybody else go fishing this weekend? How did you get on?

Cheers
Mike

Paul Rankine

Re: Fishing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2010 at 21:56 »
Hi Mike ,
                Only by DVD .  :z4

Been watching some of John Tyzack's River Academy series.  Many thanks to Iain  (Goolager) for lending me his DVD's .

All good stuff particularly the Mayfly ones , as  Magnus said.

Rising and jumping trout , just the thing to remind you of summer on a cold winter's night .

Paul.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2010 at 21:58 »
Not much gospel then i see, ah well some people need to get out more  :z4
Iam back out tomorrow maybe so if i go i will take the camera  :z18

Fisher

« Reply #3 on: 31/01/2010 at 22:52 »
Was out at Parkhill fishery yesterday to top up the bird feeders. Sun was shining and water was free of ice for first time in over a month. Had a cast with the old rod kept in the hut and caught 2 fish in 10 minutes and had another couple of takes. Unfortunately couldnt stay longer as had an appointment to keep. fish were about 2.5 and 3lb. both in good condition.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 31/01/2010 at 23:09 »
Good stuff Bob,

Must give it a try this year - you know how it is, too much to do so little time.

Iain

clark

« Reply #5 on: 01/02/2010 at 14:03 »
I was at lochter yesterday for the burns night competition and placed third with my fishing partner jonathan( johnathanp950) so we each got a bottle of champers :) between us we caught 4 double figure fish all between 10 to 14lbs although 3 of them were after the competition which was just our luck  :z4  good day i would say even with the blizzards  :z4  :z4  :z16

calum

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 02/02/2010 at 17:37 »
Well done Calum  :z16
I went to newton farm by wormit on monday and had a great time in crytsal clear water then out again today to my local wee water and tried out some new flies!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 02/02/2010 at 19:45 »
I was at lochter yesterday for the burns night competition and placed third with my fishing partner jonathan( johnathanp950) so we each got a bottle of champers

Well done Callum!
aren't you too young to be drinking Champagne?  I'll swap you for a bottle of Blue Wicked or whatever alcopops you're into  :z18

Iain

clark

« Reply #8 on: 05/02/2010 at 23:06 »
Pffffff alcopops what kind of non educated delincuant do you take me for ?  :z4  :z4

calum

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: 07/02/2010 at 13:51 »
We went fishing this morning at the local lagoon.
Great fun with poppers, no fish kicking about, we only lasted an hour and half before the heat got the better of us :roll

Almost 100% humidity and 32'C :shock Its a hard life.

Still too early in the year for any decent fish to be kicking about, lots of baby GT and Queenfish, Jacks and Barramundi, but nothing worthy of hitting a 9cm popper. Had a local Sea Bass last week about 20" but it threw the hook just on landing so no photos yet :roll

Will get some soon, hopefully :cool:

Sandy

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 08/02/2010 at 20:56 »
Myself and jim went to a Scottish team fundraiser compy on Sunday at Markle trout fishery beside berwick.
Shame i had no time to take photos but a really cracking water. If only it was closer i might of ventured back,great wee bothy and facilities and worthy of a visit  :z16
Had plenty cracking troot and one i reckon one was around 15lb,  :shock
Anyone else out over the weekend ??

Tightlines
Baz

spencie

« Reply #11 on: 08/02/2010 at 21:37 »
On Friday I went to Parkhill fishery for a couple of hours as it was free of ice. Managed to catch 8 fish to 6lbs which I thought was not bad for my first visit.

Stuart

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com