Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Blobber

Local Trout fishing
« on: 16/01/2010 at 17:48 »
Hi

I just had a look at the photos topic that mike started and notice a couple of loch's i haven't heard off and would like to know a bit more about them.

one is the Loch Saugh - Drumtochty Glen
Is this  a private loch or can anyone fish it? If so where about do you pay to fish and what is stocked is it just brownies?

also

Seggat  Pond - Fyvie  Is this the one that you can see heading to Turriff just after the old petrol station on your right?
Whats the fish like is it any good?

Last one for now their seems to be a new fishery open on the turriff to macduff road just beside a organic beef farm.
Anyone know anything about it.
Anyone fished it yet or is it a unknown one to all?

Thanks

Neil

Mike Barrio

Re: Local Trout fishing
« Reply #1 on: 16/01/2010 at 17:59 »
Hi Neil

You'll find a wee bit more information about Loch Saugh here http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2041.0

I can't really comment on the other two I'm afraid, but I'm sure others will.

Best wishes
Mike

Tam Greenock

« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2010 at 18:09 »
I really fancy the Kildrummy beat of The Don, hoping to do a fair wee bit of fishing on the river this season.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 17/01/2010 at 00:44 »
Loch Sauch is a private loch run by Brechin angling club, permits can be obtained from Shop in fettercairn or post office in Edzell, hope this helps  :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 17/01/2010 at 20:30 »
Correcto mondo Bazroid also avaliable from the newsagents in Brechin high street BUT the Fettercairn Shoppe is by far the closest distributor.

Browns only.

Very picturesque and never overcrowded - there's never been more than 1 other angler there when I've visited.

Seggat is indeed the loch you've mentioned. My club used to fish it once a year and I've had some great days with the Brookies. I've heard a few stories like - it's syndicate water now and its not open at the weekend??  don't know, you'll need to do some digging.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 17/01/2010 at 20:32 »
I dare say i might manage to get a boat if you fancied it this season Iain  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 17/01/2010 at 20:54 »
Get me a time and place Selwin and we'll latch onto a few nice Broons  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com