Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Rivers?
« on: 16/01/2010 at 12:27 »
Hi folks :cool:

What are the rivers looking like this morning? ..... That was quite a night and the rain has certainly moved a lot of the snow in the Inverurie area.

Cheers
Mike

Stuart Smith

Re: Rivers?
« Reply #1 on: 16/01/2010 at 12:35 »
i cant tell you what the rivers are like but there water running in the frount door of my girlfriends house like a river down at forfar

there must of been alot of rain last night

grayling fiahing is out for a couple of days

hope know one else has wet feet

stuart

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2010 at 13:21 »
Anyone know if the Don is over the road yet on the B977 heading towards Hatton of Fintray?  And what about the Urie and the road by the cemetary?

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 16/01/2010 at 13:27 »
No idea Ben,
Haven't been out - tripped on the stairs and hurt me leg  :z10 - rhymes with mugger! :cry

Iain

GARYBOY

« Reply #4 on: 16/01/2010 at 14:53 »
the dee is WELL up and looks the same colour as coffee :wink

Bronzebommer

« Reply #5 on: 16/01/2010 at 18:42 »
The Urie has burst its banks and flooded the field opposite the dump, the Don is over its banks at Inverurie and Kintore. Hopefully it won’t get any higher. :roll

How is Haddow looking Mike? Hope all is well.

Matt

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 16/01/2010 at 18:53 »
Cheers Matt,

Just home, Urie is over the rod at Inverurie near Keithhall and the Don is well over the road at Kintore, found that out on way home!!  I need to move to the South side of the Don I think.

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 16/01/2010 at 19:22 »
The Urie has burst its banks and flooded the field opposite the dump, the Don is over its banks at Inverurie and Kintore. Hopefully it won’t get any higher. :roll

How is Haddo looking Mike? Hope all is well.

Matt

Hi Matt

Was getting worse this afternoon, I'm not sure what I'll find tomorrow :z6

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 18/01/2010 at 08:20 »
If I can work out how to get a video of my phone, I have some interesting clips of the Feugh in full fury!

Beltie burn was over the road in several places as well, around 2 feet on the markers at the side of the road...so thats a good 7-8 feet above normal level.

stickleback

« Reply #9 on: 18/01/2010 at 19:10 »
Does anyone know how this latest rise in water levels will affect the earlier spawning ?  I'm presuming it won't be good news.  :z8

heartlander

« Reply #10 on: 19/01/2010 at 17:28 »
The river Sinn on 14th of Januar:

and some fishing guests:

Bad news for our fishery!

Petri and tight lines

Peter

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 19/01/2010 at 17:40 »
Hi Peter

Thanks for posting the great photos :z16

Those birds are a menace throughout europe and there are far too many of them, the damage that they do to our wild fish stocks is incredible :mad

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #12 on: 19/01/2010 at 17:57 »
Does anyone know how this latest rise in water levels will affect the earlier spawning ?  I'm presuming it won't be good news.  :z8

Dont have a definitive answer Cammy , would think some redds are going to be washed away. Saying that nature has a way of dealing with thing,s big spates are afterall a natural occurance.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 19/01/2010 at 19:20 »
Great photo's Peter  :z16   (until the last few)  :z6

Iain

Irvine Ross

« Reply #14 on: 19/01/2010 at 20:47 »
Nice photos Peter. I especially like the ones of the icicles hanging just above the water. I just can't work out how they come to be that shape.

cheers
Irvine

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com