Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Re: Kinkell Bridge today
« Reply #15 on: 07/01/2010 at 22:53 »
Baz,

Don't overlook the shallow stuff, I have had grayling from some really unlikely looking spots.  Must get out this year, really missed the grayling last year.  Didn't travel due to weather most days when the rivers looked good for it, this year even worse.

Ben

Barry Robertson

Re: Kinkell Bridge today New
« Reply #16 on: 30/01/2010 at 19:54 »
Had another enjoyable day on the Earn today along with Mr Doyle and a good few others from the big forum, oh and we even managed to catch some grayling! Most fish caught by trotting maggots and a few caught bugging with the fly rod :z16
Plenty salmon seen and a few grayling rising which was nice to see :z18

Tightlines
Baz
 :z18

Paul Rankine

« Reply #17 on: 30/01/2010 at 22:14 »
Hi Baz,
             Well done that man !

Paul.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #18 on: 31/01/2010 at 13:21 »
Aye well done Baz  :z16

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #19 on: 31/01/2010 at 20:21 »
Well done Baz,  :z16
Lovely fish the Grayling. Glad you had a good day

Now ...........................woooah!
I was crucified for my 'plonker holding grayling' photo earlier in the thread & you have the audacity to post that photo! Cheek!

:z7 :z4

Iain

Jim Doyle

« Reply #20 on: 31/01/2010 at 20:47 »
He wasnt holding that fish ..he was wrestling with it.  We have a good day as you know Ian, I enjoy the day as it gives folk who have never caught a grayling before the chance to come along and not feel out of place.  I agree that it gives the river exposure but it is worth it when some one gets their first fish ,as happened yesterday.  I tend to go to other places on my own or with a few friends, I have photos of 2lb+ grayling some where that came from a stream that some of you have driven over, I would not organise an outing there as it would not cope with it.  If any one wants a go at these fish give me a shout and I,ll sort out a wee trip.  jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com