Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Ben_D

Re: Kinkell Bridge today
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 22:53:14 PM »
Baz,

Don't overlook the shallow stuff, I have had grayling from some really unlikely looking spots.  Must get out this year, really missed the grayling last year.  Didn't travel due to weather most days when the rivers looked good for it, this year even worse.

Ben

Barry Robertson

Re: Kinkell Bridge today New
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 19:54:47 PM »
Had another enjoyable day on the Earn today along with Mr Doyle and a good few others from the big forum, oh and we even managed to catch some grayling! Most fish caught by trotting maggots and a few caught bugging with the fly rod :z16
Plenty salmon seen and a few grayling rising which was nice to see :z18

Tightlines
Baz
 :z18
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 21:55:22 PM by bigtroot »

Paul Rankine

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 22:14:24 PM »
Hi Baz,
             Well done that man !

Paul.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 13:21:55 PM »
Aye well done Baz  :z16

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Goolager

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 20:21:53 PM »
Well done Baz,  :z16
Lovely fish the Grayling. Glad you had a good day

Now ...........................woooah!
I was crucified for my 'plonker holding grayling' photo earlier in the thread & you have the audacity to post that photo! Cheek!

:z7 :z4

Iain

j doyle

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 20:47:16 PM »
He wasnt holding that fish ..he was wrestling with it.  We have a good day as you know Ian, I enjoy the day as it gives folk who have never caught a grayling before the chance to come along and not feel out of place.  I agree that it gives the river exposure but it is worth it when some one gets their first fish ,as happened yesterday.  I tend to go to other places on my own or with a few friends, I have photos of 2lb+ grayling some where that came from a stream that some of you have driven over, I would not organise an outing there as it would not cope with it.  If any one wants a go at these fish give me a shout and I,ll sort out a wee trip.  jim

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk