Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

monitoring and trapping mink New
« on: 07/01/2010 at 13:56 »
I work for the NE Water Vole Conservation Project. The project currently monitor and trap mink across the whole of NE Scotland and cover all the catchments between the Dee and  Spey. This year we will be expanding our coverage of mink rafts beyond our current limit of the rivers around Stonehaven. We hope to include the Bervie and North and South Esk. If any of you would be keen to find out more or can help direct us to the right folk to contact please let me know! The fishing community has provided invaluable assistance across the current area and we hope the trend continues!

There's lots more info on water voles, mink, and the project overall on:
www.watervolescotland.org

Thanks!
Stephen

Jim Eddie

Re: monitoring and trapping mink
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/2010 at 18:44 »
Stephen

I wish you sucess with your project , there is a Mink raft on the beat of the Ythan i fish not sure who put it there though.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2010 at 08:57 »
Would it be yourselves that have been tying pink ribbons to trees and gate out by me (Sluie Estate)?

Chap in the pub said he thought it was to mark Mink rafts on the burn/river.

« Reply #3 on: 15/01/2010 at 14:19 »
Hi Rob, not me but could be my colleague Sarah. I know folk have used pink tape in the past but I dont know if Sarah has been.
I'm sure there are some rafts out that way though!
Cheers

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com