Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Weather Report for inland???
« on: 06/01/2010 at 15:14 »
Anyone able to tell me what the weather/roads is like out by Peterculter/Drumoak/Banchory just now?

Heard around Inveruie its really bad at the moment...hoping the snow is dumped before it reaches further south?

Cheers
Rob

Mike Barrio

Re: Weather Report for inland???
« Reply #1 on: 06/01/2010 at 15:35 »
Just spent the last hour out in the car in Inverurie Rob ........ roads are a real mess and driving conditions a more than a tad tricky!

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 06/01/2010 at 15:37 »
:(..stuck in Aberdeen until at least 4.30. Stopped snowing here about an hour ago..fingers crossed...

Thanks

Irvine Ross

« Reply #3 on: 06/01/2010 at 16:32 »
Rob

I'm just in. The roads are OK around Aboyne, especially the main North Deeside Road, just a bit slow on the fresh snow.

Cheers
Irvine

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 06/01/2010 at 17:09 »
Great stuff Irvine :z16

Temperatures have dropped a fair bit in Inverurie over the last hour and looking at the forecast, we are possibly in for more snow from about 6pm for the next 24 hrs :z6

Take it easy and be safe folks :wink
Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 06/01/2010 at 20:28 »
Although this site would not have answered Rob's question , its a good site if you plan to travel on the major routes

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 06/01/2010 at 22:54 »
Don't know quite how cold it is here right now but I have ice forming on the inside of my double glazing and on the bathroom walls :cry

Went down to Kintore about 9:30 and the temp then was -10 with thick freezing fog, the B977 is nothing short of lethal heading east from Kintore and is bad between Dunecht & Echt, there were a number of vehicles struggling to get up hills when I left work about 15:30

Starting to get a bit pissed with this now, hoping the -20 forecast for weekend turns out to be about as accurate as the forecast for 2009s BQ summer  :z4

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 06/01/2010 at 23:19 »
Maybe Rob meant ..... "Weather Report for Finland???" :z4

Yep .... it's certainly a bit brass monkeys out there tonight.

Keep your fire well stocked up Ben :wink
Cheers
Mike

Irvine Ross

« Reply #8 on: 07/01/2010 at 08:48 »
Starting to get a bit pissed with this now, hoping the -20 forecast for weekend turns out to be about as accurate as the forecast for 2009s BQ summer  :z4
Ben

Ben

Where are you getting you weather forecasts ???
The Met office is forecasting -10 at Braemar tonight rising to -3 at Braemar and +2 in Aberdeen for Sunday. Lovely stuff, my cross country skis are all waxed up and ready to go :z16

Cheer up
Irvine

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 07/01/2010 at 09:10 »
Hi Irvine :z16

Might have been on the STV news on the telly last night, they were speaking about -20ish in Aboyne?

Mind you, I don't think anybody takes the news on the TV seriously nowadays, let alone their weather forecasts ........ the news ( on all channels ) is more like some kind of glorified chat show every day and they speak no end of utter tosh! :z4  :z4  :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 07/01/2010 at 09:58 »
Hi folks :cool:

Inverurie this morning, which is pretty much the same as yesterday ........ everybody is away to work and doing the usual daily tasks like walking the dog etc :wink

But life is far from boring ...... You never know what is going to happen next :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 07/01/2010 at 11:31 »
Thanks for the reports chaps. Got home without too much bother...Cassies wee Alfa is actually quite good in the snow...if it does not have to stop!

Roads in this morning were bad until Peterculter, where all of a sudden you went from hard packed snow and ice, onto perfectly clear roads!! It was -10 up at my house at 7:15am, and -13 once I got to the Bridge of Canny.

The trouble I had today is that my Volvo is lowered (no, not a boy racer, Volvo do it to get better MPG) so anything over about 3 inches deep and the belly pans hit the snow..anything over about 4 inches and it gets scooped into the intercooler/radiator! I thought the Swedes new about driving in snow!!..lol

I have around 14 inches of snow on average, with upto waist deep were its been blown against the house/barns. The chickens don't know what to make of it!!!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #12 on: 07/01/2010 at 13:15 »
The chickens don't know what to make of it!!!

Er........ a Snowman  :z4

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 07/01/2010 at 13:26 »
Beat me to it Jim,

I thought a snow Fox and they could chuck sna'ba's at it!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #14 on: 08/01/2010 at 23:22 »
Seems to be getting a little warmer although the diesel in my car has frozen and it will not start  :cry

House totally frozen when I got up today, bog frozen, kettle frozen, frost on inside of external doors & windows, forecast to be up to 2 degree by Monday, never thought I would be looking forward to it being 2 degrees!!

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com