Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Rankine

Good and cheap(!) camera set up
« on: 01/01/2010 at 18:56 »
Hi,
    Looking for a reasonably cheap camera set up for macro photos of flies.

Oft asked question I know.

Any cheap deals anyone is aware of ?

Paul.

Jim Eddie

Re: Good and cheap(!) camera set up
« Reply #1 on: 01/01/2010 at 21:36 »
Paul

ASDA were doing a 10 megapixel Kodak for £65

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/2010 at 03:25 »
Paul

I was Using a Ricoh R8 until it got a bit wet :z6 It was very high quality, brilliant at macro stuff. Not that good at indoor/dark shots (very grainy) (family styles).
But excellant with plenty light (outside and up close) . It was very reasonably priced from amazon. The R7 is very good too, they are  older cameras now and would probably be better prices if you can find one.

It didn't like the water much, using a Canon D10 now , its waterproof and a not that cheap :z6 bloody good though :z16 (all the shots of the Ghosts were done handheld with the D10)

Sandy

Paul Rankine

« Reply #3 on: 02/01/2010 at 15:02 »
Hi All,
         Thanks for that . My three digitals are all caput at the moment and I suspect the cost of fixing even one of them will amount to the cost of a new camera. Hence my question.

Most digitals have a Macro function but they seem to vary quite a bit in picture quality , yes Sandy, very grainy in some I,ve tried. Not really looking for an all singing all dancing camera just one that takes good indoor macro shots even with a bit of coaxing (!).

Just wondering if anyone had found a "cheapish " ( <£60 ?) tried and tested example of the above .

I'll away and look up the Ricoh ,Canon and the Kodak thanks again guys.

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com