Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

SWFF in the snow
« on: December 28, 2009, 16:22:20 PM »
I did not fancy driving to far and most places being iced up so I decided to walk down to Sanford bay and have a go in the sea. I had a few queer looks walking down the street in my waders  :z13

It was also a bit dodgy walking on the ice in my wading boots, the tide was not in my favour either high tide is before or after dark just now, anyway I was just glad to get out of the house  :cool: No pictures of fish i'm afraid but it was just nice to be out wetting a line.

Its probably not the best place to fly fish , but would be great if you could get out in a boat in the summer.

:z18

Jim    
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Goolager

Re: SWFF in the snow
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 16:30:15 PM »
At least you got out Jim.
I also find that it's typically on these 'odds stacked against you' type days that something unexpected happens............sadly not today :z6

Iain

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk