Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Lochter Today 28th
« on: 28/12/2009 at 15:32 »
Had to get out today so it was either a trip to Lochter or a jaunt to Loch Insch.
Temp. outside was -5.5 deg. C so opted for the nearer of the two.

Lochter had space for 3 possibly 4 at a stretch, two (or three) over the road and one at the middle loch inlet pipe. As there were two guys over the road I fished the middle loch.

Again I opted for the sedgehog indicator and Apps underneath, wasn't keen on casting and retreiving with the 2wt when the rings had to be de-iced every half dozen casts (which became more frequent as the day wore on).
After 3/4 hour or so of inactivity I hung a black and green buzzer 18" off the end of the Apps which brought success reasonably soon after. (4' total dropper).

5 fish were had for my session and every one was very much appreciated for twas hard work.

Anyone else out?

Iain

Mike Barrio

Re: Lochter Today 28th
« Reply #1 on: 28/12/2009 at 16:17 »
Rather you than me Iain ...... it feels baltic out there today :z7

Well done with the fish though, excellent stuff :wink

Best wishes
Mike

simonc

« Reply #2 on: 28/12/2009 at 17:12 »
Hi, myself and my brother were the two blokes fishing across the road today at lochter. We got there about 10am and it wasn't too bad considering, but towards 1-1:30 it started to get bitter so we called it a day.

I caught 2 at 2-3 pounds and kept one for the table at 3.5 pounds. My brother only had the one at 3 pounds. Mine were caught on a cats whisker. I noticed in the book someone yesterday (sunday) had 14 fish, one at 12 pounds using a bloodworm.

Was nice too get out, just ashame there was so little open water to fish in.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 28/12/2009 at 17:39 »
Hi Simon,

good to see you got some fish. It was hard going today and I wasn't far behind you as the rings started needin' defrosting every cast.

Good to get out though.

All the best
Iain

Jay Scott

« Reply #4 on: 28/12/2009 at 18:02 »

Used the weather to my advantage went to the Lecht instead  :z7... never fallen on my arse so much in my life, think i'll stick to Haddo  :z4

Jay

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 28/12/2009 at 19:06 »
Simon

Well done in not to good conditions  :z16 Is that the plastic still on your rod handle ? if so take it off , if water gets under the platic it will rot the cork.

:z18

Jim

simonc

« Reply #6 on: 28/12/2009 at 19:59 »
Cheers for that, will take it off next time I dig the gear out.

Today was alot better than I expected. Not too sure if I will get out again this week with the way the snow is falling. Maybe next Monday, last day before back to work.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 29/12/2009 at 12:05 »
I'd take it off sooner :z16 the conditions you were fishing in, the cork is probably already going :shock
It doesn't take long to do lots of damage

Cheers

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com