Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Haddo today
« on: 21/12/2009 at 11:24 »
Went for a walk with the kids and dog around Haddo today nobody else going about lake frozen as you can see. No fish rising either :wink

Tam Greenock

Re: Haddo today
« Reply #1 on: 21/12/2009 at 15:17 »
Nice Piccy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 21/12/2009 at 19:38 »
Went for a walk with the kids and dog around Haddo today nobody else going about lake frozen as you can see. No fish rising either :wink

Dave

Walked round the lake many a Sunday afternoon with the wife and or kids , yet to see a fish rise. I put it down to eutrophication from the large resident flocks of Canada and Greylag geese. Plenty trout in the burn running into the lake .

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #3 on: 22/12/2009 at 16:18 »
Jim I have actually seen 1 fish rise it was at the narrow bridge beside the weir, but thats it i'm affraid.
Wonder if there is much fish in it, they used to fish it years back.

Dave

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 22/12/2009 at 20:43 »
I have seen a few very orange fish swiming around in there..no doubt refugees from a small bowl that they have grown out of. Not sure how long they last..i think they would become fodder for the eels in next to no time.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 22/12/2009 at 21:15 »
Dave

They would have shot the wildfowl in the winter then as well which obviously would keep the numbers down , pretty sure its a water quality issue as the trout in the burn running in would normally migrate to the lake. There are a lot of algal blooms in the summer as well.

Oh and well done Rob, 1000 posts  :z16

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:21 »
Not being a local lad, where is this lake?
Its not the haddo i know  :z8
Cheers
Baz

Dave Mundie

« Reply #7 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:35 »
Not being a local lad, where is this lake?
Its not the haddo i know  :z8
Cheers
Baz

Don't get too excited Baz no fishing aloud.
Do a search for Haddo House theres loads of links to follow this is just one of them http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/countryparks/locations/haddo.asp

Dave

Dave Mundie

« Reply #8 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:39 »
Here's the pond in Pitmedden woods today.

Definitely no fish in there at most 3ft deep and bottom is just covered in leaves.

Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #9 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:42 »
Thanks for that Dave. shame no fish in it as it looks like a fine wee water  :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 22/12/2009 at 22:46 »
Thanks for that Dave. shame no fish in it as it looks like a fine wee water  :z18

Yep be good for the tube :z16

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com