Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Goolager

Lochter today - 19th Dec
« on: December 19, 2009, 15:02:35 PM »
Worked late last night and a little this morning so just had to get out today.

Can't seem to think about anything other than the 2wt so out we went. Weather was ok until I arrived at the Loch at about noon and then the snow and wind came. :z6

Fished the bloodworm under a Black sedge & was more than happy to be able to keep the paws tucked up the sleeves.

Managed 7 fish - the best @ about 4lb which fell to the sedge  :shock.

Only lasted 2 hours as at about 2 o clock ish the temp must have dropped and the line just would not let go of the rings, wasn't too fussed as I was as cold as a penguins kneecap.

Come on spring!

Anyone else out?

Iain

Jim Eddie

Re: Lochter today - 19th Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 15:05:51 PM »
I was out but not fishing  :z6 Wallet is a lot lighter though  :shock

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Goolager

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 15:09:16 PM »
Jim,
don't tell me you've gone and bought me a 1wt outfit!

you shouldn't have!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 15:55:10 PM »
Aye I could have bough a Helios for the money it cost me , never mind she's worth it  :wink

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 16:06:16 PM »
Great stuff Iain ..... How much did Clark pay you to suss out the flies for tomorrow? :z4

Cheers
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Goolager

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 16:57:43 PM »
Forgot about the competition tomorrow.

Good luck Callum. :z16
No idea what tomorrow will bring temperature wise but it was chilly today and there were fish on the surface. I only had a 2 1/2 foot 'leader' between sedge and bloodworm and there were fish to be had. 

let us know how you get on.

Iain

clark

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 19:41:26 PM »
I never did go to it due to the mother saying it was ludacris to go out in such conditions and me agreeing with her obediently  :z4 heard it went ahed though so don't know what the out come was  :z8

merry christmas

calum

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum