Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tam Greenock

River Don
« on: 19/12/2009 at 10:52 »
Hi Folks, l am hoping to do some fishing on The Don this coming season, l havent river fished for about 20 years tho  :shock

l know its a few months away but is there anyone on here who wouldnt mind me tagging along with them sometime, to show me the ropes again, nothing too serious, maybe just some tips here and there.

Thank you
Tam

Iain Goolager

Re: River Don
« Reply #1 on: 19/12/2009 at 15:07 »
Hi Tam,

I'm not the best Troutist but you're more than welcome to stroll the banks with me at your convenience.

Unless you outfish me then you can find your own way around!  :z4

Iain

Tam Greenock

« Reply #2 on: 21/12/2009 at 15:22 »
Thats great Iain, do you buy a season ticket or day ticket, l was told it will cost me £500 to join the association and then a further £150 for the season ticket.

Tam

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 21/12/2009 at 15:58 »
Thats great Iain, do you buy a season ticket or day ticket, l was told it will cost me £500 to join the association and then a further £150 for the season ticket.

Tam

Tam that sounds like the ADAA water you're speaking about.  There is also the council water.  Which has a stretch at Kintore, Inverurie and two up at Alford.  If you live in Aberdeenshire its slightly cheaper than if you live in town £180 vs £225.  I was put off joining the ADAA because of the intial fee but should probably get round to it because its cheaper per year after that and its closer to town than the council water. 

hope that helps.

cheers

matt

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: 21/12/2009 at 17:06 »
I've just applied for ADAA membership and the current price is a joining fee of £275 and then an annual permit of £180.  In other words my first season will cost £455.  Hopefully the waiting list won't be long.

:z18

Cammy

Fisher

« Reply #5 on: 21/12/2009 at 17:07 »
The cost of joining ADAA is a one off joining fee of £275 plus the cost of the annual season permit - currently £180.  This gives you access to fishings on the Rivers Dee, Don and Ythan, covering over 30 miles of river plus two stillwater rainbow trout fisheries.

Jay Scott

« Reply #6 on: 21/12/2009 at 18:35 »
Hi Tam,

Adult permit prices this year on the council waters was £90 for either Inverurie, Kintore or Alford waters each of which has their own features. A roving ticket for all 3 waters was £180 for residents of aberdeenshire. Manar is also a good piece of water day permits are available, can't remember how much a trout permit costs off the top of my head but the salmon permits are £22 per day limited to three rods. In the last couple years the permits have usually crept up about a couple pounds each year so can't give next year's prices as of yet. Usually get the permitsin for sale in January.

Cheers,

Jay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 21/12/2009 at 18:44 »
Tam,
I'm an ADAA member and also buy a roving ticket so I'm easy as to where you want to go. There's also a multitude of day ticket waters - I'm sure we can find a fish or two wherever we go.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com