Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 18th )
« on: 18/12/2009 at 12:53 »
Hi folks :cool:

Haddo has only been open for two days this week due to the ice, Wednesday and Thursday ......... the loch was frozen over again this morning :z6 and looking at the forecast it will probably be like that for a few days.

The anglers that fished the loch found success with Damsels, Cats, Bloodworm, Buzzers and Yellow Dancers, mainly on a floating fly line and with a slow retrieve.

Michael Troup tempted 15 fish up to 6 lb, Ewan Lindsay 10 up to 9 lb, Bruce Glasscoe 10 up to 5 lb, Norrie Hart 7 up to 10 lb and Kenny Hall caught 5 fish up to 6 lb.

I'll post something in the ice updates thread as soon as I think the loch is ready for fishing again.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 18th )
« Reply #1 on: 21/12/2009 at 22:55 »
Here are a couple of photos from the Wednesday and Thursday

Best wishes
Mike

bruce

« Reply #2 on: 23/12/2009 at 11:22 »
Not only did i get 10 fish for the first time in my life i got my picture on the web site :z18.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 23/12/2009 at 19:55 »
Fame at last Bruce :cool:

Merry Christmas to you too..

Iain

mikethepike

« Reply #4 on: 08/01/2010 at 00:32 »
Not only did i get 10 fish for the first time in my life i got my picture on the web site :z18.

Merry Christmas everyone.
hay bruce hows things happy new year the weathers bad here i cant get any fishing done the snow here is up to my waist and now its frosty -9  :mad :z15

bruce

« Reply #5 on: 10/01/2010 at 10:32 »
hay bruce hows things happy new year the weathers bad here i cant get any fishing done the snow here is up to my waist and now its frosty -9  :mad :z15

Happy new year, if its any consilation its only 32 degrees here just nowand not a snowflakes hope in hell of it snowing. :grin its a good job you aint smaller or you would get lost. i will be home in February make sure you have got rid of the snow by then coz i dont have a jacket.

mikethepike

« Reply #6 on: 11/01/2010 at 13:58 »
Happy new year, if its any consilation its only 32 degrees here just nowand not a snowflakes hope in hell of it snowing. :grin its a good job you aint smaller or you would get lost. i will be home in February make sure you have got rid of the snow by then coz i dont have a jacket.
thanks for that we had -19 here the other nite  icicles from roof to ground  and my boiler burst so i got fishing in the living room.  :z4 for me but sonia going  :mad . made some flies so ur days of beating me is over haha :z15

Blobber

« Reply #7 on: 13/01/2010 at 20:48 »
Hi Mike

I know this isn't probally the best place to ask.

But its been a while since i have fished haddo and will be looking to get a days fishing in Feb when i bget back.
Whats the price for C&R again?
Also i am thinking of taking my 5 yr old son who hasn't fished before.
How much would he be.  He can't fish but would have  rod in the water as well as i try and get him into the enjoyment.

Neil

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 13/01/2010 at 21:07 »
Hi Mike

I know this isn't probally the best place to ask.

But its been a while since i have fished haddo and will be looking to get a days fishing in Feb when i bget back.
Whats the price for C&R again?
Also i am thinking of taking my 5 yr old son who hasn't fished before.
How much would he be.  He can't fish but would have  rod in the water as well as i try and get him into the enjoyment.

Neil

Hi Neil

You'll find the Haddo pricing for different length fishing sessions on my main website, see  http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/haddo-trout-fishery.html and there would be no charge for a 5 yr old :wink

You can access the main website at any time, by simply clicking on the "Fishing The Fly" banner at the top of the page.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com