Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Awesome new banner
« on: 10/12/2009 at 06:16 »
Now i'm homesick.
The new banner Mike has put up on the home page, is for my kind of shop.
I have just spent an hour dreaming.

Ahhhhh  "if only this weren't a dry country" i could get some sent out. Ah well just have to come home one day.
If only for a Dram :cool:

Cracking prices too.

Luckily i have found Quintan ruban and Jura just across the border and we can bring in limited amounts.
So i have a decent dram, just not quite as special as some of the ones i was just reading about :z18

I think its a great addition and well in keeping with the sentiments of the site.

Nice one :z16 :z12

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Re: Awesome new banner
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/2009 at 08:36 »
And I remember the days when Brunei was wetter than a barmaids cloth!!! At the heady age of 11 I would go to the Panaga club with my school mates, and order an Anchor Beer, sign the chit and enjoy its cool taste whilst playing with my Action Man at the side of the pool   :z18

Occasionally we would have a school trip across to Sarawak to visit the Niah Caves at Miri. Our parents would fill up our bags with booze to be taken to the Shell workers as at that time it was Sarawak that was dry!  :z8

Sandy, at least you have Singapores fantastic duty free shopping to pick up a few rather nice whiskeys.

Not sure if its still there, but there used to be a resturant in KB (or was it Seria) called "The Barrel". The front was a large fake barrel with a door. That was the place for whiskey! Normally frequented by chinese businessmen, you could get some amazing malts. Unfortuantly by the time I left Brunei my 17 year old palate had not aquired the maturity to appreciate them!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com