Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Custom reel seats...
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2009 at 16:16 »
Yes, nice ......... and that's half the fun of building your own rod, finding and choosing components :z16

Cheers
Mike

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 07/12/2009 at 16:44 »
Way too fancy for me.  :z2

I'd spend all my time worrying that I might scratch it, which would take my mind off the fishing, which would mean there was little point in going fishing. Something well made but robust and functional is more my line.

Cheers
Irvine

Bronzebommer

« Reply #3 on: 07/12/2009 at 19:06 »
Way too fancy for me.  :z2

I'd spend all my time worrying that I might scratch it, which would take my mind off the fishing, which would mean there was little point in going fishing. Something well made but robust and functional is more my line.

Yeah, the same here, I was just wondering what people thought of it? I have never seen such a fancy reel seat in the flesh and just wondered if they appeal to the British market?

Matt

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: 07/12/2009 at 20:39 »
Very ornate and good on him for his craftmanship. 

It's difficult getting the right balance between utilitarian and something a wee bit special, but it's a bit OTT for my personal taste. 

Perhaps I've got a gene that prefers things a wee bit more understated ?  :z8  Then again maybe I'm just getting old and crusty  :z4 :z4 :z4

Bronzebommer

« Reply #5 on: 07/12/2009 at 21:04 »
I prefer the 'Machined' look rather than the 'Crafted' look myself.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com