Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hello and thanks for looking.

I am selling this rod for a fried and have been as truthful about all the details as possible. My only regret in doing this is that sadly I cannot afford the rod myself as it is truly lovely looking and has the reputation to back this up.

Genuine Sage factory built, brand new rod.
Taking it out the tube and bag for photo I got the impression this has not seen the light of day since being built. The handle still has cork dust on from sanding and I'm sure it hasn't been assembled and definitely hasn't seen a line or been cast. Only defect is slight scratching to the tube which appears worse in photo than actually is.
Comes with blank warranty card and still has price label on tube at £585

This rod will need no introduction to Sage fans but if you are interested I have pasted Sages sales pitch below.

I am asking for £485 for the rod which will include tracked and insured postage and represents a good saving on full price.

Interested people please PM for information.

Thanks

Rob

INTRODUCING THE INCREDIBLE NEW SAGE Z-AXIS SERIES

The Sage Z-Axis fly rods are replacing the XP Series, which is quite possibly the most popular fast action fly rod in the world takes a lot of ... well, research and development.

It also takes something so good you can confidently move forward without a backward glance. In short, it takes a flyrod with nearly magical properties.

So, how did Sage do it? How did they create a rod thats significantly lighter, stronger and easier to cast for anglers of all skill levels?

By using the latest version of their Generation 5 (G5) Technology, Sage have been able to reach previously unattainable levels of line feel, response and performance.

It allowed them to design rods that better fit the modern casting style, with the tip strength to bail you out on amissed stroke and the power to more easily punch flies into the wind.

Mike Barrio

Re: SAGE Z-AXIS 10ft 7wt 4 Piece 7100-4 Fly Rod ***NEW***
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2009 at 01:30 »
Tricky one with you living up the road a bit Rob.

With this being a top end rod, I personally wouldn't consider buying something like that without seeing it "in the flesh" so to speak, so it might prove difficult to sell on a forum?

Best wishes
Mike

« Reply #2 on: 06/12/2009 at 21:56 »
Hi Mike,

I appreciate that but my thinking was that if some one specifically wanted this rod (I know it is popular for the competition boy's) and trusted me that it was new, which it is, then they can save £100 on RRP.
I think I'm right in saying Sage don't allow discounts under RRP in the UK unless they dictate it for end of line stuff.

Put it this way if I had the money I'd buy it and before you laugh I don't stand to gain anything from selling the rod other than a favor for a computer biff of a friend and may be a pint. :z18

Cheers

Rob.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 06/12/2009 at 21:59 »
Stick it on the big forum and i am sure it will sell there  :z18
Nice rod for someone anyway  :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 07/12/2009 at 03:36 »
I think I'm right in saying Sage don't allow discounts under RRP in the UK unless they dictate it for end of line stuff.

Not entirely :wink If you ask at some of the bigger retailers then they will often sell you a sage rod at the US dollar price at the conversion rate they paid.
Worth asking if anyone is looking :z16 Saved me a few quid :cool:

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 07/12/2009 at 12:22 »
Hi Rob :z16

No harm in seeing if anybody is looking for one, I'm sure somebody will get in touch if they fancy the rod :wink

Best wishes
Mike

« Reply #6 on: 08/12/2009 at 21:00 »
Aye Baz would have it except he's already got one!!! :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com