Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hot new dry fly product
« on: 04/12/2009 at 01:08 »
Hi folks :cool:

I found a new dry fly product website today at http://www.f3technologies.co.uk/

This heat activated fly floatant product certainly looks different ..... and the company says that F3 is applied via spray to your flies and then with the introduction of heat from your oven your flies will float consistently for hours of fishing. No need to carry extra with you as this is an extra long lasting dry fly floatant.

Has anybody tried it?

Best wishes
Mike

Ross

Re: Hot new dry fly product
« Reply #1 on: 04/12/2009 at 08:07 »
Hrmm surely 2 minutes of 180c is going to melt/toast that fly in seconds?!!

Last time I looked, Feathers weren't the most heat resistant material going!

Oh and Hai!  :z2

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 04/12/2009 at 11:08 »
Ross

I don't think your flies will go on fire. The pastry crust on a pie does not go up in flames in an oven at 1900, certainly not after 2 minutes. The ignition temperature of paper is around 2300.

I would test samples of things like mylar tinsel, rubber legs, flexifloss and other artificial materials first before I put a tied up fly in the oven.

cheers
Irvine

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 04/12/2009 at 21:22 »
Hmmmmmm..will have to ask Cass about this one...she is good with hydroscopic chemicals.  :z8

There is a tent proofer, basically based on silicon, that you iron onto the fabric to make it waterproof (hydroscopic)..sounds very similar...but for a change, cheaper  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com